Should I break up with my boyfriend?

My man is leaving for the summer. We've been dating for ten months but we both know we are going to marry each other. It will be about three months without him and he's half way across the country. I support him, but I'm scared. I feel like he's just picking up his bags and leaving me. I know he's a keeper but how do I get through this? I can't get him out of my head! I miss him. Im super confused abd my emotions are crazy; im depressed and scared and happy all at the same time! What if this doesn't work out? Should I take a week break just to be on my own for a while? Please help!

33

Most Helpful Girl

• If your boyfriend is supposed to come back and he and you talked about still being together then you have nothing to worry about. but if he's just leaving and hasn't mentioned anything maybe a temporary break will do? just make sure he knows you still want a future with him and you find it hard to see him go.

What Guys Said 3

• Skype, often. Don't rely on text. I say this as someone who managed a long distance relationship for eight months. Things fell apart after we were reduced to text as our main form of communication.

Find ways to keep it interesting. I'm not talking about sexual stuff. For example, cooking. Just the daily kind of things you'd be doing together if you were together.

This will be a good test of your relationship. If you have so little faith in each others' fidelity over a separation like this, it says something about the strength of your relationship as it currently stands.

• Thank you, in my heart I know it will work out. Its just very scary.

• nooooo u can keep contact even if u are distanced :)

• 10 months hm? Hm...
    It's not cause he's at the other side of the planet, that you can't communicate with him anymore. We have social media! Skype regularly, call eachother, communication is the keyyyyyy

What Girls Said 2

• You won't know till you try. Don't break up with him

• if you take a break be prepared for him to get with other people and be prepared never to be with him again.

• Oh then hell naw haha