How should I respond?

I was seeing this woman for two months over a year ago. I ended it because neither of us was ready for a relationship. She was relapsing with depression. She took it horribly and would have panic attacks accusing me of only wanting her for sex. I was insulted. We had a mutual friend and I started having feelings for her. Scarlett had been Caras friend for 14 years. this happened 3 months after. I told cara about it and she flipped. She told me her friend was a bitch and was manipulative. I blocked cara after. Months later cara comes up to me and tells me she is sorry. She told me she was never mad at me but at herself for having depression, not being able to beat it and for pushing me away. She said the insults were not at me but at her. She saw herself as worthless and thought only a bad guy could like her. She had inflammation in her head which is why she never fully recovered. She's different now. Should I forgive her? What now?

Great! Anymore opinions?
What would you guys do?

23

Most Helpful Guy

• guess u should... seems like she feels bad about herself... so u should try to make her feel more comfortable :)

What Guys Said 2

• Yes! Forgive her. Depression is a monster in the mind and trust me, it can make you push away those who you truly want to keep close.

• Have you posted this from the other perspective?

What Girls Said 2

• No I don't think you should respond. You should wish this woman well but it is not your responsibility to take her abuse and you shouldn't agree to her bringing you down. Fair enough you had feelings for her but you should look for someone that is stable mentally and knows what they are doing.

• She had a mental illness caused by inflammation.

• Of course you should forgive her. But you shouldn't take her abuse anymore. I hope she changed.

• I did end things with her and then ignore her. I then dated her friend of 14 years so that was hard for her to deal with while fighting depression.

• Yes forgive but don't forget