If you found out that your recent ex cheated on you when you were together would you confront them about it or just not waste your time on them?

I found out by complete coincidence and I feel angry but more angry at myself for blindly trusting someone.

74

Most Helpful Guy

• It is not worth the time and trouble of having a confrontation. Is there anything he could say that would change the way you feel?

Don't be angry at yourself. You are young and inexperienced. These are the kind of things that happen and teach you lessons so that you don't repeat the same mistakes. Don't be afraid to trust someone again, but be careful about who you trust and don't ignore warning signs if you see them.

I looked at your profile picture. Your ex boyfriend is an idiot of the highest order. If I was 18 years old and you were my girlfriend, I would be true-blue faithful and I would do everything I could to keep you as a girlfriend.

• No nothing he could change say would change the way I feel now. And I'm definitely going to try and treat this as a lesson rather than a mistake.
      And thank you :p I still don't think he's an idiot though , he's just not who I thought he was.

• And I assume that few people notice that in your profile. I always look because responding with advice to someone in India or Malaysia is different than advising someone in the US or UK.

• Yeah noone really notices it tbh
      yep I totally agree with you :)

What Guys Said 3

• Once I dated a girl in high school. We were on and off for a couple years. Very toxic relationship. Long story short I found out she cheated on me a few months after we started dating. I found that out after I decided to not have anything to do with her anymore more. I laughed my ass off!! What else could I do? I didn't want to see her anymore so why go and beat a dead horse?

• No she is already an ex so no need to do that

• They're an ex. You already shouldn't be bothering to talk to them ever again, even if they didn't cheat.

What Girls Said 7

• I would feel betrayed.
    But that's old dirt from the past!

It doesn't mean I'm okay with what they did to me.
    But the fact of the matter is, It happened, It's over, and I am no longer with that person.

I would continue to move on and not look back.

• No point honestly. Just thank yourself you broke up with your ex when you did.

• That would make me mad too but I wouldn't waste my breath.

• Wouldn't bother with it. He is an ex after all.

• I would confront him about it and dump him right on the spot

• noooooo. just ignore him and concentrate on your bright future with the other one

• Happened to be
    I confronted him and he lied about it
    Just leave him in the past where he belongs