Love of my life from 3 years ago is now engaged to someone else. I've never stopped thinking about him? ages 32/28, scorpio/virgo. What do I do?

Married my high school sweetheart. Knew all along we weren't right for each other. im a Christian he an atheist. Just didn't work. I met the love of my life after I was married. Knew from day one he was the one and that tore me up inside bc I was already married. He fit everything on my list. Felt like I'd known him my whole life yet he gave me butterflies. He was engaged. His fiancé left him bc she felt he wasn't right for her. I thought he and I felt the same by what he said and how he looked at me. I risked it all. Don't judge I am a good girl and feel guilty for hurting my ex husband. It was great at first... somehow I turned into a friend with benefits. It was all too much too soon so he ended it and moved away to grad school. I think he got scared. We talked again a few mo later as friends but then he stopped talking to me again. Found out he was dating someone new so I tried to be respectful and never told him I still cared. We hung out once before he started grad school and he couldn't stop staring at me. thatwas 3 years ago. I've tried moving on dating new people counseling, praying for an answer. I found out recently he's engaged and getting married in 4 mo from getting engaged. This feeling to tell him how I feel just won't go away. I want to email him and lay it all out there but don't want to come across as needy crazy or desperate which I'm not. I'm happy in my life just feel he's my missing piece. But I also don't want to start drama or hurt that girls feelings. I still love this guy and I truly want what's best and for him to be happy I just think I'm that one. We had everything in common, amazing chemistry, perfect sex, etc. etc. I hate that I've waited till now. Feel like its too late. Don't want him to think its just bc he's engaged. Need advice what to do. Should you always tell someone how you feel? I keep praying but no answer.. just this feeling to talk to him. I have texted him and he's texted back but not kept the convo going. Need advice?

15

Most Helpful Guy

• oh well... if he's engaged then u should stop anyway... thinkin bout him, will destroy yerself ;)

What Guys Said 4

• Leave him alone. Delete his number and stop teasing your mind with this fantasy. Soon you will realize that he isn't the love of your life and that someone else is out their for you. It would have worked out the first time.

• Do you have some self-defeating need to seek forbidden fruit

• In this case I don't think you should tell him how you feel. It's selfish and disrespectful to cause that type of drama and upset his fiancĂ© just because you waited too long to tell him how you felt.

• after 3 years you should've found someone else and been over him a long time ago.

the best way to get over someone is to get under someone else.

What Girls Said 1

• Just give yourself time. You'll get over it.