Boyfriend broke up with me but has agreed to see me face to face, does that mean he might get back with me?

Been with my boyfriend for 7 months, things are great between us until I have a drink. I blackout and become quite nasty towards him with my words and tell him I don't want to be with him, there is no future with us etc. I don't know why I say these things as I love him more than anything. I realise I have to now change my behaviour and do something about my drinking but that is a whole other issue.

So basically Thursday night we got drunk and I broke up with him, took it all back the next morning and he forgave me. Last night I went out with friends, called him when I got in but he was sleeping so didn't answer then sent him a few rambled texts that didn't make much sense. This morning he text me and said I'm no longer accepting your behaviour, we're over. I have apologised profusely all day but he said I think a break would do us good, he says he loves me but it's not enough when he's not getting treated with respect. I asked if we could meet face to face, he said if you want but what more can we do or say to change things? He has agreed to come over tomorrow night to talk.

My question is the fact that he is agreeing to come over and talk is a good thing yes? He may give me another chance? Or is he just humoring me because he feels bad? I just feel like if he was really done, he wouldn't have any reason to come over.

I love this man and I will be heartbroken if he sticks with his decision, how should I approach tomorrow night? I am 22 and he is 29.

I should have added I gave him a choice i text him saying,

I would really like to meet you face to face to try and sort this out. But if you are positive in your decision and don't see it working out with us then we should cut contact so we can both move on. It's really not what I want but I will respect your decision.

That is when he came back saying can we make it tomorrow night then as he has plans tonight.

So he could have just said yes I am positive in my decision?

64

Most Helpful Girl

• I've met up with guys before after we ended things but it hardly ever meant we got back together. Usually it's just to talk things out with the resolution of us both knowing what's going on but it doesn't always mean that they want to get back. I don't think he's just humoring you. You were the one who suggested it so obviously it will be kinda rude for him to just say no. He's likely doing it more out of respect for you. I realize that right now you're hurting but remember a lot of couples break up and get back together. It's not impossible. But he will need time for that to happen.

What Guys Said 4

• I wouldn't get my your hopes up. You brought up the meeting yourself and he already stated there is nothing more to be said so he will basically tell you the same thing to your face. I think your asking for more pain. I doubt he will take you back this time. He is being respectful by doing as you wish. Your gonna have learn to be able to handle the bottle or go out without drinking.

• I should have added I gave him a choice i text him saying,

• I still think the same however I think face to face closure is a better healer and ending then over the phone or text.

• If there's any chance of him taking you back, it will rely on your bringing a real change to the table. I'd start by telling him you will stop drinking entirely until you can get whatever psychological issues you are dealing with sorted out. Stop drinking, get counseling. End the obsene behavior that is driving him away.

• I'm sorry but I think you missed your shot... He forgave you once but you did it again. In sweden we have a saying "En gång är ingen gång, två gånger är en gång för mycket" It means that doing something once is okay but doing it twice is once too much.

• face-2-face... as a FRIEND maybe?

yeah u should give it a try!

What Girls Said 5

• I think he wants to hear what you have to say. He is open to the idea of hearing you out cause he cares about you.

So I would come up with a plan on to stop the behavior and drinking and get it in order and tell him about it when you meet.

• He WANTS to give u another chance coz if he doesn't want to, He wouldn't bother his self... Dont let him down if u really love him !!!

• Honestly, I don't think he will want to get back with you immediately. There are obviously some problems in your relationship that can be fixed. From how it looks, things get ugly when you drink. It's simple. Don't drink around him. Get a virgin cocktail or something. And when you're out with the girls, turn your phone off or have one of your friends take your phone so you don't contact him when you're drunk. Either that or just don't drink at all.

• I'm sorry hon it sounds hopeless. Better to just stay friends

• Yeah probably wants you back.