What do you do when you get mixed messages from your ex and exes mom?

So I've officially been apart from my ex boyfriend for four months after he initiated break up. We have a son together so we have to see each other about once a week. We already have a custody order in place. He basically kind of picked a fight and broke up with me. We've been on and off and tried last summer to patch things up and he broke it off this Jan. At the start of the break up he basically was very angry and acted like I did not exist. Especially when exchanging our little boy. He'd drop him off not make eye contact and be gone.

During the entire breakup his mom has been in contact with me. In the beginning I really was desperate bc I wanted nothing more than to make things works and called, and pretty much lost my pride, lol. About 2 months ago I made up in my mind Im going to stop because it's so not worth it anymore. The mixed messages come from his mom mostly. We still do lunch dates every so often and the entire time she talks about him and she kinda acts like she wants me to say something, but I do not. I don't think she's ever seen me just give up cold turkey like this.

When we go out she will say how she prays how me and him get together and one instance when she was babysitting my son she called me and was saying how they were coming over and brought her son by. I made sure to meet her outside bc I didn't want the drama. A few wks ago she called me to "check on me and now very recently she sent me a message so social media complimenting me. I dont' know what to make of this. Also my ex is starting to initiate conversations with me a bit more. He doesn't call me but when we meet he always finds a reason to talk. Whether its stupid things like this letter came for you or he will ask me if he was late when we both meet up at 5:00 pm and he obviously has his cell phone to tell time. I get confused because when I also talk with him mom who was helping me with babysitting she would say how all of this would be a lot easier if me and my son would move in. She also says that if me and my ex would have just move to the city that they were in this seperation would have never happened.

Does it sound like she's forcing him to talk to me little by little. Also sometimes when we meet he acts sad.

• his mom is forcing him to talk
  • he is getting his mom to talk for him
  • im just reading too much into things
    Vote C
  • question is way too long, lol
    Vote D

36

Most Helpful Guy

• His mother has a grandchild who she loves and you and her son are screwing with her joy and the boys joy. She will forever be the grandmother and you to idiots need to get with the program and start acting like adults. The mother is possibly telling him how hard it is for you to be alone and suffer and he made a choice when he got you pregnant.

His mother is on the side of good.

• Yeah, maybe so. I'm sorry. I know I've not been the most mature about this. I guess with things his mom does it just makes it confusing and you just wonder, you know.

What Guys Said 5

• sounds like he wants 2 get back 2 u... and he's using his mom for help:

Also my ex is starting to initiate conversations with me a bit more.

• Short answer is I go get drunk

• I chose the last answer, lol. But normally, it's something that happened between you and her/him. (Idk, didn't read) He/she probably had told their mother about you, and ALWAYS watch the mothers reaction. It always means SOMETHING. Be a man (or fiercely encouraged woman) and ASK THEM.

Like fuck, bruh? Don't be a bitch.

• Women are the binding force in this universe. He was an idiot when he initiated a breakup. Keep your channels open with his mom, but make sure he genuinely repents his behavior

• This is really unimportant.

What Girls Said 3

• I think it could be that a little bit but I think it would be very awkward to get together and she talks about your ex. I'm not sure if I'd know what to say. She probably misses you and now it sounds like he does too. What do you want? Do you feel there is a chance you both would reconsider?

• yes its awkard bc i dont know what to say or how to react. I dont know if she is using my reactions to tell him if I'm over him or not.

• I think his mom is forcing him to talk

• i kinda thought so too. he's pretty stubborn and his head is hard as i rock

• you're reading to much into it!