Someone please help?

My ex boyfriend left and came back twice. He left again a few months ago and last week started texting me how he misses me and regrets taking me for granted. I finally replied to him last night and told him how much I enjoy having him in my life but how it bothers me that he always leaves. He said that the reason he keeps leaving and coming back is because he's scared of commitment. Then he continued to go on to tell me how much he misses me and how he loved being able to talk to me all the time about anything. I told him that I couldn't tell if he wanted to be friends with me or if he wanted to be with me, in which he replied with "I want to be friends." I told him I can't do that because I still have feelings for me and that it'll hurt too much to have him in my life but not be with him. He replied with "well I don't know what to say." I obviously really care about this guy so I don't know what to do. I know I can't be friends with him because it'll just hurt way too much but I also don't want him out of my life. Why does he keep telling me he misses me and how bad he regrets taking me for granted but doesn't want to be with me? Also does anyone think there is any way he will ever want to be with me again? I don't know what to do anymore; someone please help me.

13

Most Helpful Guy

• it's up 2 him actually...

anyway he just wants friends ONLY... no?

• I know but I'm curious as to if he could change his mind since the reason he wants to stay friends is because he's afraid of commitment

What Guys Said 2

• I think he's a player. Its black or white. He either wants to be your boyfriend or not

• upset himself

What Girls Said 1

• you need to forget about him!