What would make you want to break up with your girl/boyfriend?

I've been in my first serious relationship for a year and a half now. We've been through good times and have made it through the bad, and it has given me new insight on what a relationship is like. There were times where I considered breaking up, and it got me thinking what others may deem a good reason to break up with their significant other.

105

Most Helpful Girl

• I will stick through the good and the bad in a relationship. I'll work with my partner to sort out issues and arguements because I know that relationships aren't always picture perfect.

But The biggest isues that WOULD make me leave my boyfriend are if I begin to feel unappreciated, unloved, not valued. I need lots of attention and I need to be constantly stimulated. If I begin to feel as if he is mistreating me or becoming abusive in anyway I'll leave. Cheating would cause me to leave, and lastly if the relationship isn't making me happy anymore than ik its time to move on... even if that means hurting the other persons feelings.

What Guys Said 5

• Doubting my love, comparing the relationship to others, or comparing me to other men. Jealousy of seeing family, wants me to be jealous. Reminding me of faults and downgrading accomplishments. so basically: doubt, compare/contrast, and jealousy. No problem if another guy finds her attractive, but don't get me squirrelly with just a complement to her, if I'm not protected from a tussle then how can I protect her when I need to.

• Different faiths/politics/world view or cheating. Those account for nearly every break up of my life.

• If she stops caring, idc if she is a bitch sometimes you love her for a reason and it's just a bump in the road, by the way this is coming from a guy who's never dated anyone lol but that's the one reason I would other than them not being compatable with me

• If they were a doormat, or overly clingy.

• If the girl always talks about girls rights and thinking like only girls have problems.

What Girls Said 9

• If he cheated on me or repeatedly did things that made me feel like he didn't respect my feelings , values or me as a person.

• when he stops caring about me.. or stop thinking about what i like..

• I was being fake around him. I didn't really value his company or reflect the same kind of affection, and so I didn't think that was fair.

• Cheating or abuse, definitely. Or that point you get to where you just don't have feelings for them or things don't feel right, and you know it's beyond repair.

• If they cheated or did something really bad. Like killed a man.

• if he cheats or ever lays a hand on me

• Lack of trust

• If he cheated on me, or forced sex on me.. Im very untrusting of people as it is.. that would RUIN me.

• If he cheated.