Since we broke up?

Since my ex and I broke up, about 3 months, I still think about him constantly. I know he's looking at my Facebook, so I'm constantly posting pics of me out with friends, having fun, looking good. Sometimes, these become my profile pic. The problem is, every time I change my profile pic, I get some guy messaging me, asking me out. All the while, I'm not interested, I just want that message from that one guy... that message that never comes. Why do I dd this?

32

Most Helpful Girl

• Because your a normal person who has had there heart broken and still pine after what once was! Don't be hard on yourself! I bet you are also always on his Facebook looking at hi photos and he probs knows it too and may do a similar thing. So now you need to think back to why you broke up in the first place. Did it end because things fizzled out? because one of you cheated? because of distance? The reason you broke up will help you work out what to do next. If there is unfinished business there is it safe to go back? or Did it end for good reason and your just looking back with rose tinted glasses.

• We broke up because he has emotional problems. He went through all whole push/pull thing. He would become distant and push me away, then he wouldn't want to let me go, so he'd pull me back. He suffered serious abuse as a child, and I think this makes him unable to deal with relationships. The closer we got, the more he would act that way, until one day, it was just over. I know he still cares for me. I still talk to his brother.

• Ok well my boyfriend suffers from a mental illness and i'm not going to lie its hard. A lot of the time you don't really know where you stand and it can make you feel really really crappy and then you have the added pressure of not wanting to blame them for what they do because you don't want to upset them. So i do not blame you for feeling the way you feel and for breaking up with him. All this posting of photos to make him jealous/make him message you i just don't think will work and it may be pushing him away further. Seeing you happy without him may be making him think it best he stay away so you can remain happy. But the fact is (correct me if i'm wrong) your not happy. So what do you do? Ok you know if you get back in there those problems won't go away and if you want to go back in there first i think you have to message him, second i think you need to think about what you would do if you did get back together, could you handle it again? is there away to tackle it differently?

• If you decide you can't do it again (which is an ok options too) you have to move on with your life because you are essentially torturing yourself. That is so much easier said than done but you have to do it. Stop with the fb games and start working on what makes you tick

What Guys Said 2

• Because you want to reconcile or you just trying to shamelessly prove to yourself your better off without him but it's not working well as you want him to contact you.

• maybe these guys r the same person?

• No, they're guys I know. Guys I went to school with, and such.

What Girls Said 2

• Maybe your manipulative game of look I am so much happier without you pics have had the desired effect, so he thinks you've moved on, and now doing so too. Or maybe he actually is a guy with brains, knows the game you're playing and can't be arsed to chase after a woman that acts so childishly. If you want to speak to him, call him, text him, arrange to meet up, but don't act like a desperate numpty, posting fake happiness pics up to wind him up, or you will wind him up? Guy's aren't hardwired to read between the lines, so if you seem to have moved on, he will too. Which honestly, if you're doing the whole, look at me via facebook thing, fair play to him.

• Because you still want him back?