Is it possible to get back together with an ex boyfriend even when he's transferring to a college that's 10+ hours away?

I'm going into my sophomore year of college and my ex boyfriend is going into his junior year of college. Summer is almost about a month in. We dated for about a year and a half. We were so in love, no real problems. Everyone thought we were the perfect couple, from my closest friends to aquaintances. Even I thought we were a great couple, & people truly believed we were meant to be. Obviously the occassional fights. When he went to this college for spring break, he decided to transfer there. We got in a fight while he was there (i did kind of start stupid fights a lot cause of "jealousy". i trusted him & knew he wouldn't cheat on me it was just i wanted him to text faster). He was sick of them and started acting weird after this. He told me he wanted to transfer to this school then I instantly said "we wouldn't work." he said "i wasn't planning on breaking up with you." i thought about this for a while & decided i wanted to work. He was still being weird and we went on a break April 9th, that eventually led to a break up April 25th. I texted him a few days ago during the no contact rule. I was drunk & the dumb thing for me to do is say "I love you." He didn't respond & i said "and you aren't even going to respond real nice." he said he's not going to say i love you back & i shouldn't text him that. I said "you just don't love me anymore? that easy for you" he said "you have no idea how hard it is not to love you." I'm now trying to make plans to talk with him in person. I really want us to work even though he's so far away, but i don't think feelings are mutual. I'm so hurt over this cause it was just so random that he decided he "didn't know what he wanted." Maybe we can slowly work on it throughout summer? All of my friends are saying I can do better & find someone else, but I don't want to. This made me realize how much he does mean to me. I'm just really nervous for our conversation cause I have no idea what he's thinking.. I mean we went so long without talking

22

Most Helpful Guy

• Is it possible? Yes.
    Is it a good idea? Hell no.

• Why wouldn't it be a good idea? I believe I can do the long distance, and he would always say distance doesn't matter to him. But who knows what he's thinking now since he's "starting fresh" ...

• Distance kills relationships, regardless of what anybody says. Plus, you're going back to a relationship that already has a history of not working out. That's a major uphill battle.

• True true. But I mean, we never had any real problems in our relationship. I don't know my mom keeps telling me that in a couple years if we're meant to be, we'll find our way back to each other

What Guys Said 1

• yes obviously it is.

via Skype mnaybe?

What Girls Said 2

• it's possible.

• Anything is possible