Guys, do you get scared to "talk" about things with an ex girlfriend?

My ex boy friend and I have been broken up for about a month but things are so up in the air. (we dated for about a year and a half). We never had huge problems in the relationship we just broke up because he "didn't know what he wanted." Before we broke up, we went on a break for a couple weeks. After we went on the break, a couple days went by and I would try to talk to him but he kept saying he didn't want to talk about anything. The other day I texted him for the first time since we broke up (literally exactly a month ago) and I said "you just don't love me anymore? that easy for you" he said "you have no idea how hard it is to not love you." so yesterday, I asked him if we can talk.
him- im golfing right now, later
me- thats fine let me know when. He read it and didn't respond so today i said "are you ignoring me"
him- no i'm golfing
me- im talking about last night you read it and didn't answer
him- i meant to say yeah we can talk
me-when and where
him- i don't know
me- me either.. well can you tonight
him-it's memorial day i'll be with my family all night. sometime this week i can
me- true.. how bout tomorrow
him- maybe we'll see
me- well i don't wanna be waiting around
him- well i'll let you know when i can

it's almost as if he's stalling and is just nervous to talk? I don't know. He's also transferring to a school 10+ hours away. I want to get back together, but I don't think he does. I really want to take this summer to work on things though. We really loved each other a lot and people thought we had a perfect relationship. I'm just scared of what he's thinking and I'm wondering if he's scared to talk to me?

5

Most Helpful Guy

• Or doesn't want to--because you're exes and he's under no obligation to speak to you whatsoever. He should grow a pair and block your number, cut the umbilical cord so to speak.

• Well I mean, there's so many unanswered questions as to what happened

• I understand that, and that is one of the most difficult parts of a breakup. However, an ex doesn't owe the other ex any kind of explanation. Sometimes, we have to live with loose ends and unanswered questions, as hurtful or confusing as it may be.

If he actually speaks to you, consider it a gift, and consider yourself lucky--he doesn't have to do that. And he may not, as it seems like he doesn't really want to. Be prepared for him to back out altogether.

What Guys Said 4

• scared?

y should i... we know each other./... so...

• Sounds like he's angry with you even though he cares about you and he's wanting to wait until he feels like he won't blow up at you with an argument

• I'm fine with talking about ex's. If you're in a relationship, you have to be completely honest.

• I know I'd be quite nervous if I spoke to my ex... it's natural really.