Having a hard time dealing with the anniversary of our break up?

its nearing the one year anniversary of our breakup which was also very painful and hurtful at the time. i think the whole thing bothers me more cause i had put a lot more effort into that girl and she was someone i had wanted to date for a while so it was very difficult to see everything fall apart. i don't know why the anniversary really matters if it matters at all i think it just serves as a reminder to me that things fell apart and that we are not together and that she is with someone else , i'm just finding the whole thing hard to deal with but realise i need to put the whole episode behind once and for all

51

Most Helpful Girl

• As someone who went through the same thing, I know nothing I can tell you will make you feel any better. So just stay strong, be patient... it will all go away with time.

I was a 10 year relationship, I was in love and the break up was messy. My life fell apart, I lost everything, even the will to live. But I fought back, I kept busy, I got out of my comfort zone and tried new things, met new people. It took me about two years to move on, some people take more. I know this means nothing, but it's just a reminder that life really does turn around.

What Girls Said 4

• treat yourself, get your nails done, go to beach, look pretty, if you look good, you'll feel better. just do something for yourself.

• Chin up, I know, easier said than done. But at the end of the day it has been one year and she's already moved on. I think it is time for you to do the same and maybe mourn this first year of your break up, and then forget about it. Best of luck...

• Don't feel bad..
    I oddly got the same feeling recently from a breakup anniversary. Things fell apart badly..
    It was hard at first but then
    I was totally fine for months barely thought of him, didn't check his social media or anything.. The one year mark hit and the sudden urge to check up on him, I found myself falling into old habits thinking of him

It's just a strange feeling knowing that there's a person out there who you're so compatible with and spent so much time getting to know and now you just have to walk past each other like strangers...

Just enjoy summer, hang out with some friends , have a beer, work-class etc-- stay busy
    Buy yourself something nice
    Accept that she's with someone else and start dreaming about who your next love will be...

• just distract yourself.

What Guys Said 1

• anniversary?

gosh... if u have anniversaries.. i assume there still might b a chance to get back together!

• were not hanging out that day , just a reminder in my head of what happened