How to deal with a breakup?

I have so many things going on right now and this is making everything worse.. I need to get over him!

Thank you everyone for the helpful tips

44

Most Helpful Guy

• It takes time to heal. . You have to let yourself get emotion right now though and let everything out instead of bottling things like most people do. Just distract yourself by whatever means necessary to keep your mind occupied and from ever thinking about him. Friends has helped me in the past to get over someone by simply hanging with them more often, trying new things or actives and simply have fun. I have also joined a gym to exercise and clear my mind about things. The more I interact with people, the easier it was for me to get over someone. I hope you feel better soon

What Guys Said 3

• Maybe talk to new people, isolating yourself and staying solo only makes it worse Chaz he'll be the only thought you have until you can occupy yourself with something new or someone new

• @skullly. "You don't cry for an ex, you replace them." May I as when is it okay to cry for an ex? Say you dated years and years! And someone lied or cheated?

• @skully has a good saying.

You don't get over exes , you replace them or so it goes lol

• just be gentle with yourself and live day by day

What Girls Said 4

• Give yourself a break. Give yourself permission to feel and to function at a less than optimal level for a period of time. You may not be able to be quite as productive on the job or care for others in exactly the way youโ€™re accustomed to for a little while. No one is superman or superwoman; take time to heal, regroup, and re-energise.

• Honestly, time does heal. I dealt with a break up a few months ago. The most painful time in my life, I felt like I could never get over it, I even ended up on antidepressants. It was ugly. Although it hurts seeing him with someone else, I cry less now, my life is falling back together again and the idea of being with someone new doesn't freak me out as much.
    Like @aeracura so eloquently said, let yourself feel upset and give yourself a break from your responsibilities if you have to. Break-ups are similar to grieving, you just need to give it time.

• Time is the biggest way to get over someone. Time and to stay busy... and make no contact with him. But mostly just time...

• If you feel like letting your emotions out and cry it all out, do it. It's okay to do it but don't let it consume you
    Then I'd head out with friends, do things I always wanted to do, like try a new hobby and meet the people there ^^