Girls, Should I break up with my girlfriend?

I have been feeling like there hasn't been enough physical intimacy in our relationship. Physical intimacy is what i need during a romantic moment for that moment to be truly romantic.

For example:
My girlfriend and I are sitting on the beach watching the sunset. For this moment to be romantic we need to be cuddling, holding eachother, or one of us has to be leaning on the other while watching the sunset at the beach. If we are sitting apart or next t, then it is not that romantic for me. This is just how I am. We all have our own views on romance. This is mine so.

My girlfriend understands this, but she isn't willing to do this for me. She tells me she doesn't want to and when we came to a compromise, it was that we would do this once every five times that we have these kinds of moments. Once every five times is barely anything and I feel like she is basically saying she wants to do it at her convenience instead of putting an effort into making me happy.

This is a big part of a relationship for me and I can't be in a relationship in which I feel there is no romance. Should i just break up with her?

• Yes
  • No
Guys can not vote on this poll
I'm a Girl
If not, please tell me why

9

Most Helpful Girl

• no, I think you should discuss deeper about this relationship with her, I don't think it is just because "you're not feel romantic doing this". It is more than that. try to explain to her whatever you felt, and try working out some things. I think maybe you two should understand each other and try to do different thing/ things that both of you enjoy. Try to travel somewhere and see how. If still not working, then you can reconsider to break, i don't know.

• What do you mean its more than that. What do you think it might be

• how long have you've been with your gf? why not you start hugging her and cuddle with her, no need to wait for her. Maybe later she'll understand and happily do that without you have to ask

• I am not being unreasonable because of my views on romance? What i said in the second paragraph example about needing physical affection for these kinds of moments to be romantic?

What Girls Said 8

• What does she say when you say you need more physical affection? Is she just not a touchy feely person to start out with?

• I am not being unreasonable because of my views on romance am i? What i said in the second paragraph example about needing physical affection for these kinds of moments to be romantic?

• She is very physically affectionate but when it comes to moments like these, she isn't. That is why I am confused. She is always kissing me like crazy and touching me a lot and hugging me a lot

• Okay. What does she say when you ask her about it?

• Any time that you think "should I break up with my partner?" something in the relationship is off and probably never going to work. In these cases, you should always break up.

• She has a right not to get physical with you. If you want physical contact find somebody who will give you physical contact. She should not be expected to change for you.

• It's probably a pride issue then. She might feel like she will seem easy or disempowered if she is romantic with you.

• You two are not compatible. She must have a reason for not doing it. i. e. abuse issues.

• I am not being unreasonable because of my views on romance? What i said in the second paragraph example about needing physical affection for a moment to be romantic?

• Those kinds of moments i mean

• It's a fair reason.

• What a weird rule is that? I love cuddles!

Talk to her about it and how much is means to you, and that she understands

• why would you consider breaking up with someone just because of this? this is like 10 year old stuff

• Maybe she is the shy type some people don't feel comfortable holding hands and all that romantic stuff in public they prefer doing things indoors where no one is watching, so if she doesn't have a problem doing it when you are together then don't end things with her

• No, don't break up with her