We broke up it's his fault?

we broke up the first time because of the same thing, he asked for one more chance, i gave it to him. I found out he is yet doing it again, although he is apologetic, he told my friend he knows i will not give him another chance. I feel betrayed and of course my pride is hurt, but because it was not cheating or domestic violence, i feel i might be able to forgive him later in the future. but i will not do this without him at least making a huge effort to win me back, can i get a little insight as to how a man's mind works when he feels hopeless about the situation? I feel if he screwed up and he loves you, he will at least try his best to win you back and prove himself first. maybe im still old fashioned

21

Most Helpful Girl

• It takes two to tango. It could be his fault that he didn't fix whatever resulted in the breakup, but it's partially your fault for perhaps being too demanding/selfish in your expectations, depending on what was the straw that broke the camels back.

• he kept entertaining texts from his past lovers and i explicitly said that there should no longer be any communications between them given the fact they have no children together. the first time i found out, after he hid it, which lets me know the intention was there, he apologized and I accepted. I said i will not forgive him again the second time around. He gave me his word that was the last time. obviously it wasn't. i respect my relationships and protect the integrity of it, i expect the same from my partner. very simple.

• ok yeah I agree it wouldn't be wise to give him a second chance.

What Guys Said 1

• Okay so what did he do?

• see my response below for kaylas91. he did ended up writing a very long hand written letter which would be the first time i suppose, that he truly opened up to me,, I'm hoping his apology is sincere this time around. any tips on how i would be able to tell?

What Girls Said 1

• i agree with you.