He tried to body shame me, then date me?

I'm 123 lbs even and I'm 5'2". I carry my weight in more of a shapely way due to my height but I think my body looks good. I like it, it's not perfect but it's practical and easy to keep. But recently, a guy I was super interested in ended up completely breaking my heart.

We met online originally (on an online gaming site) and were talking, then we ended up meeting, becoming friends, etc. Anyway I admitted I like him and he said he liked me too, and I was so excited. But then we got into a conversation about if we dated, and he brought up the topic of my body. He said that my body "wasn't bad" but that he always saw himself with a "fit" girl. I asked him what he meant, because I do work out and such 3 days a week... and then he sent me a pic (below).

I don't know who that girl is, but needless to say... I don't look like that. I told him straight up that I liked my body and that I wasn't going to look that way, and he started going cold. He gave me a spiel of he liked a lot, but he didn't want to settle for someone who wasn't his ideal. I was totally heart broken and tore him a new asshole and said some super hurtful things, then stopped messaging him.

Now he's messaging me trying to apologize. I don't know what to do because now I am heartbroken and feel like shit. What should I do/say to this guy? Do I try to look like this "perfect girl" or do I move on? I was so taken with this guy but ugh... he made me feel like such shit!!

https://weheartit.com/entry/group/1892004

For those wondering, he sent me the link of the pic over Facebook.

64

Most Helpful Guy

• If you would change and try to appease his view of the ideal girl then I would think you quickly would lose yourself on the way there.

He would probably always find something wrong with you whatever you did or looked like.

What Guys Said 3

• seems he's honest... do u like him back?

• I did, until he shamed me about my body and made me feel terrible.

• Haha he has some ridiculous tastes.

At 123 and 5'2 you're a very healthy weight and I bet you look amazing too. This guy is just... Hahaha... I suggest moving on because this guy is not worth your time.

• Get rid of him.

What Girls Said 6

• F*ck him, the dude is a total Pr*ck and I am being nice by saying that. How dare he ask you to change, firstly he barely knows you and secondly I bet he's no super model. I am very pleased you tore him a new one now stick to it! That guy deserves none of your time and tbh if you forgave him I reckon his opinions wouldn't change and before you knew it he'd be back on you to chsnge. You deserve better!

• Yeah he's 100% AVERAGE. Don't get me wrong, he's like... boy next door cute. But yeah I have a funny feeling that I'll be losing his number.

• Can you say "major douche bag." Girl you don't need that kind of negativity in your life. You need a man who wants all of you ;). Don't settle for anything less.

• Move on. You shouldn't have to change for anyone but yourself.

• It just made me so upset because, why would he even get to know me, say he liked me, pursue me then pull out this shit. What the hell?

• Omg drop him! Lol what a douche

• just forget about it!

• Fuck that bitch.. or don't? Let him find his dream girl while you're off handling some other prospects...

• What makes me mad... is he isn't even that hot. He's like... average.

• This is what's stupid, he says he likes me, but I'm not "ideal" unless I change my body. What the fuck?

• Oh well. He should move on then. Not every type is gonna work for every type. THE END.