Ex girlfriends and broken hearts.

When my boyfriend talks about ex girlfriends and how they "broke his heart" he sometimes gets really into it. It makes me feel like he's not over all of them, Kind of like he wished it went better with them, so he could still be with them instead of me. because with me, I know guys have hurt me, but it doesn't bother me anymore because if they hadn't done what they've done to me, I might not be the same person I am today, and I quite like who I am.

So basically my question is,

Do you think I'm crazy for thinking like that, and do you feel the same way?

21

Most Helpful Girl

• I agree with verychatty30. You are not crazy. I had a boyfriend who used to do this and it made me feel the same way. If he is harboring resentment over his former relationships, it could affect your relationship. I know from my own experience and from my friends that it doesn't work to be with someone who is constantly expecting the worst from women or who is unhappy and feels victimized because of past events. It isn't fun for you.

You should tell him how you feel. I think it would be reasonable for you to tell him that you don't want to hear about the past girlfriends. Tell him that if he was treated badly by them, then it is fine for him to feel like they are bad people. He doesn't have to be friends with them. But tell him that he needs to let go of his anger because it is affecting things between the two of you. You might also want to mention that we all have bad experiences in life. You have and you feel like you are a better person and a better girlfriend because you have done your best to leave them in the past. Suggest that he do the same! Good luck.

What Guys Said 1

• Tell him this ''' Our eyes are placed in front because it is more important to look ahead than to look behind '''

What Girls Said 1

• your not crazy!

but you do need to talk to your boyfriend about the way it makes you feel make him understand that your not nit picking.

the past is the past and should be left where it is as you can't go back and change things yes it's nice to sit and talk about the past as we all do it.

i'm like you I don't sit and think of the would'a should'a could'as what you do in your past makes you stronger and changes you to the person you are today.

i look back at my past with fondness and yes I've been hurt many times before it just make me stronger and I'm a better person for that!