He used to call me beautiful and would say he loved me, but after we broke up he was rude and called me an ugly bitch and other mean things... Why?

I loved him but we weren't going anywhere it was based on sex. We tried but it didn't work out so I said we should break up. He was upset and said he would kill himself if I didn't stay with him. I was scared and I stayed... but we didn't have sex.
He would ask why, and would get upset and try to get me to have sex but we didn't.
So after a month he broke up with me and now he calls me horrible names.

Why call someone you "loved with all my heart" those?

78

Most Helpful Girl

• He's upset because he didn't get his way, and is acting like a immature little boy. Someone who really cares for you will try and understand the things that hurt you. So they can change or maybe catch themselves to better them selves. He was trapping you by saying he would "kill himself". I think in time you'll see that you've made the right decision, don't go back to him. It's not healthy, but if you do go back, please make sure he gets himself some help, or is willing to work on his issues.

What Guys Said 8

• He was addicted to the emotional validation that sex gave him, all the more so for the relationship being "based on sex", so when you "cut the power", it felt like a total rejection of him, hitting him like an electric shock and instiling the fear that you were going to leave him, which you reinforced when you suggested breaking up. He is in a very cold and lonely place right now. He feels used, abandoned, rejected, and disrespected on a very deep level. In short, he is in a world of pain and he holds you responsible. The abusive language is an attempt to make you feel his pain. The more deeply you love someone, the more it hurts when they let you down. His reaction is certainly not noble or disciplined, but it is logical.

• He is immature, emotionally unstable and sounds like a douche.
    He is trying to get a reaction out of you because he was unable to manipulate you a second time

• It's his way of laying the blame on you and making you feel bad about yourself. Don't go for it or it will destroy your self confidence which is what I guess he's trying to do. He's laying his insecurities on you babes. just ignore him

• A post break up often is tinged with bitterness and hurt.

• obviously he feels hurt dat u broke up!

• He lied to you.

• He is totally upset.

• because he was angry

What Girls Said 6

• Because he's a little boy and not the man you desire.

• Everyone reacts differently after a break-up. Obviously he's hurt and bad in handling it.

• because he's lashing out some people try and say hurtful things just to hurt someone else

• Some guys will say anything with all their heart just for the sex

• he's a total jerk.

• Omg @sexyphil has hit it on the mark! Girl please listen to him because I went back and forth in a situation just like this! Dont do it. Please Dont these are one of the most toxic symptoms he's showing and you guys are going through. I wish you the best. Just please Dont go back to him

• I wasn't planning on going back. All the time he wanted sex and made me feel like that's all he wanted from me... Every day "baby I want you" or "we should fuck".