How to forget about a guy who doesn't care about you?

His birthday is today and I would love to wish him a happy birthday, but I know it wouldn't be okay. It would leave me enthusiastic for something that won't happen. He disappeared on me almost two months ago when his 1st child was born. Sent him a final letter a few days ago letting him know this was my last attempt at reaching him. I know he's read it and it hurts being ignored. I have nothing against his child. I'm glad he's taking care of her. I, mysellf, grew up without a dad so it makes me happy to see him looking after his. Doesn't change the fact that he obviously doesn't care about me. How can I forget about him?

37

Most Helpful Guy

• Its hard to move on, but if he is ignoring you to that extent, there is little chance to break past that, you just need to resolve to move past it and try to find someone who truly cares about you.

Obviously it is hard , but it is your heart, and only you can move it. Cry if you need to, talk to friends or family if you need to, there is no shame in it, Im a man but even i have felt that before, I have cried , and have had my friends and family help me through. So do what you need to do to come to terms with and , set a new goal in your life, look for what makes you happy, and hopefully love will fall into place naturally.

What Guys Said 6

• Find a new man that appreciates you and move on. The only reason you are hanging on is because you are hurt and feel like you have been tossed to the side. You are right. You have been. Stalking him will not get him back. Suck it up and move on. The quicker you do the faster you will get over him.

• he doesn't care... so...
    it's pointless 2 chase him back ;)

• Best way is to find someone else that you really like. It happened to me in th past , and it worked twice

• His buddy should do the job

• Jst hang out with someone else

• He's still a friend, right? Why can't you wish a "friend" a happy birthday?

What Girls Said 3

• Ahh this is such a tough one.. I felt exactly like you did.. I fell in love and was left alone in the dust.. It took lots of healing and sharing my feelings to close family members and I cried A LOT. Honestly you will have to pray to find ways to heal... You got to focus on the healing process and I hope one day you can move on from him.. You deserve better, you deserve a guy who treats you right.. Maybe focus on your goals and staying single for awhile or until you meet somebody better :)

• Do something with your girlfriends on that day. Go out and have fun.

• "It would leave me enthusiastic for something that wouldn't happen" That is my life right now with this break up... every time I text him I'm getting my hopes up for a good response. Then, they just ignore you. It sucks so badly, I understand.

I'm in sort of the same boat and have learned that they are just trying to get power. This is just a possibility, but I think that in a way they get over you quicker by knowing you're still there trying to contact them, waiting for them. Cut all communication. I literally have to make it a point to not contact him for at LEAST a day. Social media and cell phones make this so much harder, I understand. We can do it!