What is worse in this situation... Lying or Cheating?

In the beggining of our relationship I caught him lying on multiple occasions. Lying to me is no joke and I probably shouldve broke up with him then. I caught him on multiple occations after many fights but after a year we got to better terms and he has earned his trust back. Although i still catch him in little lies we have fought for our realtionship and worked though all the ups and down and are happily in love. Untill about a month ago. I cheated. I was mad and drunk, that is no excuse for what I did. Although it took me about a month to fess up, the fact is I did. I wouldve told him straight away because I felt like thats what he would've wanted, but I was seeing my councelor and was convinced I would loose him if I told him. That is why I didn't tell him right away.

• Cheating was worse
  • Lying was worse
  • Both are just as bad
    Vote C
  • You should keep working out your relationship, its not time to give up just yet.
    Vote D
  • Its time to walk away.
    Vote E

33

Most Helpful Girl

• cheating is worse because it is physically cheating. Lying is mentally cheating... I guess. Both are bad, just cheating physically to me is worse. Everyone is different. It doesn't sound like you are happily in love if you cheated on him. Trust is hard to get back. So I feel you for that.. it is like you almost lose respect for them and don't really care what you do anymore in a sense... it is hard to believe anything they say... you just try to believe them. It does suck. Sorry for what you are going through.

What Guys Said 3

• lyin leads to cheatin most of times... so...

• they are 2 sides of the same coin

• cheating is worse. and if he has any sense, he will walk away from you and never look back.

What Girls Said 2

• Honestly you guys should call it quits.

• Lying usually leads to cheating anyways so I choose both.