He wants space, how long should I wait to contact him?

My boyfriend and I of 3 years broke up a few days ago because he needs some space and wants to work on himself. He's been ignoring my calls, but I understand. How much time should I wait before I try to call him again? I'm thinking of contacting him next week?
I just want him to miss me but still have that space he needs. Really wishing I could hear from him. What should I do? How do I get him to talk to me?

31

Most Helpful Girl

• Let him contact you first. I know that it sucks and that you want to get closure or try to work things out or whatever, but he has made his wishes plain for the moment. To disregard his wishes and continue to contact him is not only disrespectful but also incredibly selfish.

Keep your silence for the moment and keep yourself busy.

What Guys Said 1

• Perhaps , he is busy with work, or just following his goals, however, if you many problems due to jealousy , that might be it, or simply he just have somebody else

What Girls Said 2

• He said that he needs space, please listen to him in order to respect his need of space. Try to work on yourself, call your girls, go workout, watch a new tv series, read a book. Anything to keep your mind off him.

Don't call him first, he's the one who broke it off.

• wait until he contacts you.