Does moving on get easier? What are some tips?

My boyfriend and I went on a break April 9th after being together for a year and a half. We had a good relationship, it just got rocky towards the end and the break eventually led to a break up. We didn't talk for a month as of a couple days ago and things were so up in the air. When I tried to talk to him, I got some closure, and he made it clear he doesn't want to get back together. Does the pain heal and will I eventually not care about what he does anymore? I'm always stressed out about what he's doing... and I'm so done with feeling sick to my stomach. My mom and friends tell me I'll go through a roller coaster of emotions through this process though. Any tips on making the healing process faster?

44

Most Helpful Guy

• I know it is hard to get over someone especially someone who you were in a long term relationship with. The best thing is to find a hobby and find something that you enjoy doing. Also going out with friends helps! This will help you get perspective about everything. That's like I was broken up with by a girl who I loved but once you know that the other person does not feel the same way. The only thing you can do is to move on. You can keep thinking about them, but the only person it will hurt will be you. You can say what if I did this or that. It does not matter, what I was told is that you can never get someone to love you if they do not want that. It is sad, but you will get over that person and find someone who is better than them. Just remember that if they are meant to be in your life then they will find there way back to you. I hope this helps, and good luck. I know it is easier said than done but in the end you will look back and laugh. I hope you are able to get over him, and be happy with your life!

• that was really thoughtful thank you!

• That could have something to do with it. I'm shocked that he is moving to a school so far away. its just odd. What he says could be true, he just might be afraid of how it would work out being in a long distance relationship. When you truly love someone it is very hard to let them go. Hell me and my ex broke up April 11th because I lied to her and went out with friends. I fucked that one up and still after all the horrible things we did to eachother when we broke up I would still do everything for her. Love makes you do very dumb things. It is good that you guys still talk though. did he say why he was unhappy in the relationship? You can still love someone and be unhappy with the relationship. everyone has there own flaws and maybe those flaws effected the relationship in a negative manner.

• I'm shocked too. He's also going to be a junior.. everyone thinks it's dumb but him. He's always said distance doesn't matter to him but the first thing I said when he told me when he wanted to transfer there is "we wouldn't work." After a while I thought about it and wanted to work but I think me saying that on impulse got into his head and realized maybe we wouldn't and got scared. and OMG yes April 9th we went on a break so we're kind of on the same page. and we don't still talk... we went from April 25th-May 25th without talking, but I texted him asking for closure. Apparently he deleted my number but he told me having it "doesn't make things any easier." No, he never really told me why he was unhappy. We did get in stupid fights though that I started from jealousy. I knew he'd never cheat on me but if he was out with friends and texting back slow I'd get annoyed. And yeah, when we went on a break he said "love doesn't mean happiness" It just sucks cause I love him so much :(

What Guys Said 3

• guess so... would u eturn back 2 him or nah?

• It takes several years for me, and never gets any easier.

• Moving gets easier!

What Girls Said 4

• Trust me it gets better. Just keep moving on with your life and stay strong things happen and I know how bad it hurts but you have to focus on yourself now and worry about yourself do what you love to do sure it sucks but eventually it will get easier and in a few months you'll forget about him and not care

• surround yourself with friends and just realize why it ended. You just need to know that there's probably a better guy out there and that the longer you're getting over this one the longer you're gonna be apart from the next one:)

• I don't know how to make it faster. Breakups suck. You really just have to ride it out and have faith in yourself. But I promise you it'll get better, you can be strong!

• It gets easier.