Was ending my online long distance relationship a good idea?

So I just recently broke up with my online ldr boyfriend because I really didn't believe that it would work out. We haven't met and we were dating for 13 months. I still love him and he loves me, but I think we got to that point where we both need more than cyberspace can give. However, he sees hope that one day we will meet and things will work out, and all we need to do is be patient. I am older than him by four years (yea I know its weird) so to be honest I don't want to waste time waiting. Not saying that there are so many options for me now, but I feel like right now we are just stuck. We just text and Skype everyday, and whenever we do discuss meeting we both know it will be very difficult and maybe unlikely because I am going to medical school and he's in university. I haven't stopped thinking about him and I miss him everyday because he was my best friend, who I wanna tell everything to. But because I ended things I can't anymore. Should I have held on longer because I love him?

24

Most Helpful Girl

• Online distance relationships take time to build and it does test your faith for each other. 13 mths is a long time and he's 18? He is too young for you at this stage because he does n't have a career going. I think it is the right decision for now since you need more but you don't want to settle for less. Call it a relationship break for now.
    I admire the fact, he still believes meeting you. How sweet. Only time will tell if you are destined to meet or never.

What Guys Said 4

• Yup... if u were findin it a time consumer u did well

• online... ldr... dating for 13 months... in love... NEVER MET EACH OTHER

this was in all likelihood not going to work out

• As long as you were happy, you shouldn't have ended it. Just tell him you wanna get back, he'll understand.

• because you lost hope it's probably the best to do although of course it's a difficult decission

What Girls Said 1

• If you felt like that it was best to let go. You guys can still talk though.