Does it bother you to think that ex's might of likely checked your social media and you didn't even know?

there was a study that came out last week from a university in Canada that said something like 88% of ex's admitted to checking a former partners social media pages after a breakup and many it was multiple times they did this to try and see what they were up to. it surprises me that the number was so high , almost near 100 % so its obvivously a very big issue for a lot of people and being able to go online to find an ex and what they might be up to very tempting for some people. i find it surprising some would want to look at my page so bad as a lot didn't have much interest in looking at it when we even were friends so not really sure what they are looking to find there.

• i wouldn't care if they looked at social media pages but haven't done this myself
  • it would bother me if an ex did look at my online profiles
  • i have done this before and wouldn't care if ex did the same to me
    Vote C
  • other please explain
    Vote D

38

Most Helpful Girl

• It would and wouldn't bother me if my ex was looking at my social media after a break-up. Social media is a way of remaining invited and included into someone's life. Depending on the nature of the breakup, how my ex behaved, and whether or not I got screwed over and shitted on: I don't want them being invited and included into my life. Which is why one of the first steps I take after a break-up is to delete and block them from every single bit of social media. I don't want them being accessible to the great blessings and beautiful adventures life offered me beyond them. I don't want them having the opportunity to scrutinize and negate from the new man in my life. I don't want them being able to feast on my beauty, the same beauty that once made them want me. If you fuck up enough as someone in my life, you get exiled, which means no views from the domain you once had unlimited privileges in.

Yet at the same time, if their life is going completely wrong, it kinda makes me smirk to know that they see how wonderful and delightful mine is without them/me and my new guy all over each other/the curves which their hands can never enjoy again :)

• I meant to select option D instead of option B

• Well maybe my answer can give you some insight into what was going on in their minds when they did that.

• For me, if you are an ex, then don't be trying to communicate with me. We are done. Finished. There is no communicating, liking pictures, liking statuses or anything. I intend on moving forward and that starts with refusing to be stuck in reverse mentally, meaning ridding any possibility that will set me back.

What Girls Said 2

• i dont think it matters. everyone stalks everyone

• They love you stalking them. That's why I don't bother. It strokes their already super-massive egos.

What Guys Said 8

• i couldn't care less...

• I don't use social media so I guess any exes I might have will be left in the dark 😈

• If it is out there in the open who cares who checks it.

• It's just curiosity, that's if looking at the page is all your doing

• I've bigger problems!

• No ex and no social media.

SUCK IT!

• I have my profile set to friends only. But even if they could, I wouldn't give a fuck.

• No i wouldn't care. Everyone does this it's normal. I always control the privacy on everything to show it only to who I want anyway