Ex-girlfriend texted me?

Today my ex-girlfriend for two months now texted me for the first time in about three weeks. She said that her Uncle died and that she really wanted to talk. I’m getting two pieces of advice from different people. To either send her a quick message saying Hey, Im really sorry about your Uncle and thats it, I don’t know what else we could talk about after that or don’t reply at all, she dumped you and doesn’t deserve to talk to you when she feels like it. I’m really torn on what to do? I feel really bad, but dont want to be treated as a doormat either.

• Send her message saying Hey, sorry to hear about your Uncle
  • Don't reply, can't talk when she feels like it
  • Other-please explain
    Vote C

23

Most Helpful Guy

• I may have your post yesterday, but there's no harm in texting her back and expressing your condolences. Then, that's it! She ended things with you, and I remember you explaining in your last post, she gets mad when you don't respond to her general messages and resorts to name calling and telling you she's done with you for good. Then she needs a "shoulder to cry on"?

You're a good guy and a compassionate person, so of course you feel bad for the loss of her uncle. But, in my opinion, she's using this as an excuse to get you to talk to her. I'm sure she has other family members she can grieve with. Again, the breakup was HER choice, and now she's at a loss because she no longer has control.

I'm sorry about her uncle, but I don't believe that is the only reason she's trying so desperately to talk to you.

What Girls Said 2

• Send her a message!

What Guys Said 2

• see what it's about and go from there.