Should I delete pictures and emails of my ex?

I have tons of our soul-to-soul deep emails to each other and really awesome pics. I read one of the old emails that she wrote me soon after we met and it made me so happy but then it made me hurt after I finished reading. But I don't want to delete them and then regret it. I think it will be nice to sit down some day when I am like 40, drink with a friend and look at some of those pics, and then also read the emails. What do you people think? Those emails were expressions of the time when I had my true love with me. Should I totally erase it from my life?

Also girls do you think she erased all my emails and pics? And do you think she also sometimes reads some of them or looks at the pics?

34

Most Helpful Guy

• Only delete them if they prevent you from moving forward with your life. If they keep you in a sorrow state, then you must get rid of them for complete closure.

What Girls Said 3

• i'd hide them. if I'm over that person then it's ok to keep them. there were happy memories there so why not keep them? for me, I threw away my stuff because I only have sad memories from my few relationships. so keep what makes you happy

• I have had that same problem...Don't get rid of them! Put them away somewhere where you won't accidentally come across them. Those are good memories that you have, you love her so don't get rid of them. I gave some of the sh*t back to my ex and I regret it. I couldn't throw them away, I couldn't ever bring myself to do it. Ya just put them away somewhere.

• Put them somewhere safe but hidden away. Try to stay away from them, but don't throw them away if you really loved this girl. Those are some good memories. :)

What Guys Said 3

• Store everything on a usb drive...

Put all physical pictures and the drive in a box with a lock...

Give the box to a close friend to keep for a year while you hold on to the key...

Decide what to do with them when you get the box back...

• This is great advice. But make sure it's a friend you can trust not to break into the box. Particularly if the pictures are of an... ahem... intimate nature. Your ex would NOT thank you if she found herself plastered all over the net.

• Put them in a box and when your older or married you can look back at them and you'll feel no pain.

• One other thing - put them somewhere out of the way. It's easy to forget the existence of such things when you have moved on. But you do NOT want a new girlfriend finding the pictures and thinking that you are not over the ex. Believe me, the discovery of a stash like that could lead to huge insecurities that you can live without!

• i would just delete them, that's why there are called Ex =]