Should you be friends with your ex?

The ex and I broke up over a year ago and I have moved out to the west coast. I went home and she contacted me suggesting she wanted to catch up and that she still loves me and misses me. So I agreed with this and told her that would be nice. The night of she backed out on me. She said she was afraid of how well things would go and that it would complicate things and make it hard which I could understand since I was going back to California. She then stated how much it killed her that I wouldn't be friends with her after we split so she could talk to me.

So, my question is, should you be friends with your ex? And if so, how do we handle us still being in love with one another?

67

Most Helpful Girl

• I say no. It's just too weird for me

What Girls Said 5

• It cool to friends with ur ex there nuthing wrong with it. it up to u what u fell when u hang with him like awkward or fell wird

• No, think about why you broke up in the first place.

• Exs should never be friends! It will only make it harder to move on in the long run. If you both decided not to Not make it work then you need to take space.

• not a good idea.

• If two people can remain friends after a break -up, then they were never really in love or they still are. I never stay friends with an ex because it would be like stumbling on something behind you. It just complicates future relationships.

What Guys Said 7

• yeah... if u broke-up without any fights and stuff... sure

• Well man, if you genuinely want to be friends, it would be highly beneficial to chill out until those feelings are gone. Friends won't get jealous when the other mentions their new hook up or whatever, know what I mean?

• No it doesn't work

• Depends.
    Depends on how bad was the breakup

• yes let have the culture of peace

• no it will recall pains only. better to live without her.

• I would say your probably a father