Do you think I should let my EX know the truth 6 years later?

My ex and I broke up was not a clean break up a lot of mean things were said. I even told her I cheated on her after we broke up to hurt her as a defense for all the things that were being said about me from her. That was about 6years ago. I have moved on but I don't honestly want her to have issues with her future relationships if she has trust issues from something I lied about. I noticed on a post she posts a lot of stuff about men cheating. Do you think this is related to the things I said? Should I not even bother. I just want to kinda fix the wrongs I did in the past.

43

Most Helpful Girl

• Def related. She is going to have trust issues knowing her ex cheated on her and she never knew about it till the end of the relationship. Words cut deep. You can try to explain yourself. But really she believed you cheated on her for the longest time. It's probably drilled in her head. You can always try though it wouldn't hurt and can somewhat help her heal in some form of way. I always wondered why my ex boyfriend cheated on me. Caught him red handed. And it effects your next relationship cus I always feel like they are being sneaky when they aren't. I think she deserves to know the truth.

What Girls Said 3

• She probably has had even more bad experiences with men after you.
    She's probably posting those things because she's pretty much used to getting betrayed.
    I think you should try to settle things with her and end on a positive note , if you feel you must.
    However, her trust issues is something she has to work on. It will not immediately be fixed once you speak.

• Hmmm. 6 yrs' quite long. I suggest dont bother. It will hurt her feelings more, especially when all these years she knew you cheated.

• yeah you should.

What Guys Said 3

• better yeah... knowin da truth's always better :|

• It could be related, if it makes you feel better that you cleared up past wrong doings then yeah you should.

• I guess it can hurt to tell her the truth but she probably won't believe you now