How do I handle a situation with my ex girlfriend?

My ex-girlfriend wants to set up a meeting so we can become friends again. The only problem with this is that I still have feelings for her. She said a while ago she doesn't want to be on bad terms with me (which 3 weeks ago didn't end very well because she just kept calling me an ass because our meet ups werent working out), she then apologized but wants nothing more than friends. Its weird cuz I can tell by the way she talks to me that she still has feelings for me as well, but I dont think she wants to just back into a relationship with me. She dumped me in the first place because she wanted to see other people and have fun, and not have me being the only guy she ever new. I dont know if I want to be in a realtionship two months after our break up either but, I dont want to loose her. I wonder if friends with benifits would work?

32

Most Helpful Girl

• Just because two people Break up doesn't mean they can't and don't Make up and that it's Goodbye forever, my love. And with an "EX" who still Marks an X in your own heart and soul, there is usually motive in mind when it comes the time that the Other half may Want------Friends again.
    In your sticky situation, which I see mostly This with guys not girls so much, your Ex wants you in her life and is probably Missing the Kissing and the history you both shared. She feels comfy with you and although she is this free bird right now, it seems she wants her cake and it Two.
    Friends with benefits may only complicate things on your own end here, dear. If you still have these feelings, then I can guarantee they will grow and the whole sticky situation will probably end up to be a big sour ball in your mouth and hers and go down a beaten path of... War of there Roses.
    It's best to decide if this is best for you. Maybe no contact, knowing she wants what she wants, will enable you to move on better, faster and begin your own beguine. If she is happy in her own nest right now with no strings attached, then she may not want to be these birds of a feather again, just stay friends till the end, and this will leave you and your poor heart to... lose out.
    Think it over carefully. Life is a gamble as we all know but something like this may just be this full circle pattern where you both have problems with wanting something different and in the end, nothing has changed.
    Good luck. xx

What Girls Said 2

• To be honest that will not work out, you admitted you still have feelings for her so if you can 100% say that these feelings won't get in the way say if she started sleeping with another guy or even dating somebody else then go for it.. but you dont want to get more hurt in the long run.. or for her to think you're tooooo available

• i dont think it would work.

What Guys Said 2

• i'm afraid it'll b difficult 2 get back 2 her...

• It is so hard to be in the friendzone if you have one sided feelings in the friendship.