How do you let someone go? Should you tell them or just ignore them?

Now we dated for about 4 months and broke up 3 weeks ago and while I'm over the relationship I still have feelings for him. He broke it off because I kept wanting to break up because I felt I needed him to put in a little more effort and he said he probably wouldn't be able to make me happy. So we decided to be friends because there'd be less expectations but I've come to the realization that this is killing me. One minute I'm happy and not missing him then he messages me saying he misses me and I'm back to square one again. Everytime we hang out it's really nice and he's affectionate and sweet and I begin to fall for him again. Then after he leaves and our moment is over it's like I don't exist until he misses me again. Thing is I know what to do, I need to respect the actual healing time but it's so hard and at the same time he's actually a really good guy at heart and I don't want to lose him or whatever is keeping us from completely letting each other go.

42

Most Helpful Guy

• better tell em... ;)

What Guys Said 1

• Having contact certainly will not help you in getting over it. If you REALLY want to be friends with him, take a breather. Chill out and don't be in contact until you're sure that this sort of stuff is going on and that BOTH of you are over it and can actually be friends. Ask yourself this; would you be okay with seeing him kiss another woman directly in front of you? If the answer is no, then what I mentioned above should probably be your go-to for the time being.

What Girls Said 4

• You broke up for a stupid reason, talk to him about it but get back together. Neither of you are done with this relationship already.

• If y'all love each other y'all shouldn't give up in each other

• This happened to me and my boyfriend couple weeks ago.. It was hard to let each other go.. And of course it's hard because it's the person you love.. He's just tryna get things straight. Me and my boyfriend got back together because we realized that it would be better.. And since he is not putting in effort.. Be patient every guy is like that.. Don't take it personal.

• just ignore them.