To go on a break: 'Don't get your hopes high' - What is he thinking?

I’ve been with this guy for 3 years (16-19), I was his first girlfriend, first kiss, everything. We started dating from college to uni but he failed a year of college & got held back while I was starting my first year of uni. Well uni didn’t go so well for me so I decided on a different course, he then mentioned for me to come to his because it was a better 1 & also ‘it would be awesome hanging out together’.

When it was the start of the year things went downhill, dealing with the suicide of my best friend I felt so isolated from every1 else, I thought that he would be there for me because we had a wonderful relationship before. But we rarely hung out, he hung out with this other girl who has been to his house within 3 weeks of knowing her & I haven't for the past 1 ½ years. It made me angry & I would snap at the mention of her name, & every time an argument arose, he would always tell me to ’stop being so annoying’… So I stopped snapping.

He broke up with me 2 days ago, said that he had no love for me & that his decision to break up was for my own good, & we should still be friends. When I asked him back, he said that he had to ‘stick with his own decision because he never stuck with anything else in his life’. We have mutual friends & when I spoke to them about it, they mentioned that the day before he said that he wouldn’t break up with me & that he did love me. Can you stop loving some 1 in 24 hours? Its really strange, he bought me presents 4 my upcoming birthday a few days before he broke up with me.

I try to ask him the reasons why he broke up with me, the response was ‘u don’t need closure’ or ‘trust me you don’t want to know’, I need reasons for the sake of closure because I can’t keep feeling confused. He wanted to break up but after I begged & cried like an idiot he wanted to just go on a break, we kissed but before he left, but he said ‘don’t get your hopes high’. & when he got home I felt stupid because I begged for some1 to love me, so I called him up & told him to forget about the break, he replied ‘so you get it now..’.. ouch. I still miss him because I know what type of person he can be & has been for the past 3 years, I just don’t understand him at the moment.

Also when I ask him if he wants to ever get back with me he says ‘no, not at the moment’. But I think he’s stringing me along, he says, ‘u never know, maybe someday in the future we might get back together again’.

Today I won a ‘free romantic meal for two’. ARGH.

Why won’t he give me the closure I need?

Is it possible to stop loving some 1 after 24 hours?

If some 1 claims they have no love for u, why do they even mention getting back together in the future?

How do I get my mind off these things?

I have 1 lesson a week seeing this guy, how would I deal with this if I want to;

- Resist the urge not to shout @ him

- Make him see that perhaps this break up was a bad idea

- Still be friends?
1
0