It's been 5 months, and I've tried dating other people. Why can't I get over my ex boyfriend?

My ex and I were together for 10 months. Before that, we were best friends with a history of liking each other. We finally started dating, and it was like a dream come true.

Things started to get rough as time went on, and eventually, the day after our 10-month anniversary, he broke up with me over text. I had thought that things were going good, but he told me otherwise out of nowhere (I can see now how things went wrong). He said that he didn't see a future with me and that I was too dependent on him.
I had issues with him, too, but I dealt with them.

I admit that I had serious emotional issues, but when we were together, he assured me that everything would be okay and that he would never leave (even the day before he broke up with me). He was emotionally unavailable himself, and he never talked about his own problems.

Now, here we are 5 months later. I still miss him, even though I've tried dating three other people.

The first was another friend that I liked, so I decided, "Why not?" A week and a half later, he ended it for reasons unknown.

The second was my first love / ex boyfriend, whom I dated for 2.5 years on and off. I ended it with him after 2 weeks because I knew that I had no feelings for him whatsoever anymore.

The third is my current boyfriend, who is AMAZING. He's the sweetest guy I've ever dated. We've been together 2 months almost, and I know that I should be head-over-heals in love with him... but I'm still missing my ex...

My ex clearly wants nothing to do with me because he hardly ever responded when I would try to talk to him. But I always got mixed signals around him - like he still loved me but was trying to fight it...

I haven't spoke to him in quite a while, and I never see him anymore, but I still miss him a lot and cry over him occasionally. I just don't know how to handle this... he is the one that I can't seem to get over.

It's been over a year now, and I'm still struggling.

14

Most Helpful Guy

• was he yer 1st guy maybe?

• No, I had another ex that I dated for 2.5 years (my first love), and he wasn't even as difficult to get over as this guy.

What Guys Said 3

• There's no timeline on when you're over someone.

My advice is to stop trying to be over them... and focus on YOU. Focus on doing things you like, being with friends you like, reading/watching/playing whatever.

• holy novel time lol. TLDR?

• You need more time.

What Girls Said 1

• You shouldn't have dated so fast because you needed time to get over your ex.