My Best Friend Is Dating My Ex?

During the summer, I met a new person (let's call him Aaron) through my best friend (let's call her Julia).

For two months, we were building up to a relationship (but not quite, because we both agreed that we couldn't commit right here, right now). Somewhere in those two months, Julia came out of nowhere and told us that we should probably establish a friendship before we get into a relationship. I thought that this was weird, but I asked Aaron, "What do you think?" We ended up agreeing that we were fine where we are since we weren't in a relationship yet.

Two-three months later, I found out that Julia began lifting. Like, powerlifting. I was like, "what?" because she was into fitness (kind of) before, like athletics and shit, but she never showed interest in these types of things. Funny thing is, Aaron and my other best friend (let's call her Claire) thought it was a surprise as well. ANOTHER THING: Aaron lifted too.

My Best Friend Is Dating My Ex?

I removed them off of my socials (except for Facebook and Aaron's insta). I tell Claire, who tries her best to keep our best friends triangle together but Julia simply says that she's "sorry but she's acting on her own happiness."

Just a few weeks ago (about a month after this situation), Aaron sent me a message about how he was sorry for being selfish but he was happy, and that I should talk to him if I don't mind. I don't know what triggered this (it may be the picture my mother posted of me having lunch with a childhood friend of mine), but I didn't reply. Weird thing is, he had been sending snaps to me before he sent this message, stating that he "thought of me" or whatever. And just recently, he posted a pic of her and him on insta, where he knows I'm always on.

Would someone care to shed some light on my situation?

12

Most Helpful Guy

• he's your ex, he's a free agent!

What Guys Said 1

• Some best friend you had... I would ignore him.

What Girls Said 1

• not a good friend then.