How do I break up with a girl nicely?

I am currently with a really nice girl but she's younger than me and her naive personality makes the relationship awkward for me. I don't feel how I used to but she obsesses over me and doesn't seem to realize how I feel in the relationship.

52

Most Helpful Guy

• Gently but with finality - Don't give her false hope

• Can you give an example? You always mysteriously say the same thing over and over everywhere I go and see this...

• Hmm, but I have said that before, she didn't get it and still obsesses over me, it sometimes gets to the point of making me mad but I wouldn't hurt her. She's nice, just her being naïve is really annoying and makes the relationship hard to stay in.

• If she is not getting message you are entitled to be harsher. By the sounds of it, it is affecting you. You have to say it is over and there is absolutely no possibilty of this relationship surviving. If it continues like this you will end up hating her and you don't want that.

What Girls Said 5

• Sit her down and go easy with her here, dear. Tell her that feel you Both are too young right now to be in this Any Relationship and you think it best to just be... friends.
    She probably will not take it well sitting down but a kind soft touch may be just what the doctor ordered so you can soften the blow... gentle words and a pat on her hand.
    Good luck. xx

• honestly there is no way to break up with a person without hurting them. The best thing you can do it be honest and not be a jack ass about it. Rip off the bandage and let the pieces fall where they may. Do not drag things out and definitely if there is no hope of reconciliation. Do not speak as if there is a possibility you guys could get back together. None of that we can be friends stuff if you don't mean it. Be direct.

• Tell her how you genuinely feel about your relationship with her.

• Just say "who is this" like you don't know who she is ☺️

• Just be honest with her you can't keep leading her on

• I haven't been. I've been telling her I don't want to stay with her but she still obsesses over me and doesn't get it. I can't exactly avoid her as we go to the same school

What Guys Said 1

• Be honest but don't be an asshole about it. If you've already try that and she still persists, then just say something "Look, I want to break up. I've already made up my mind about it, we're done. Good day."