Will I be able to eat/drink those things again?

My ex and I shared similar likes for jelly beans, coconut water, and frozen yogurt. We shared jelly beans when watching movies. Drank coconut water after a great run/workout and had froyo as special treats. Since we broke up I can't even bring myself to have those things anymore. Is this normal or am I being overly dramatic?

52

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, liupliu, it's Normal after a Break up to feel like this. You are remembering the good times and with this, many of the favorite foods you both used to share and it Hurts like hell in the pit of your tummy whenever you think about... having those things anymore.
    With me, if I Break off with someone, I can't bring myself to listen to just Any music for awhile. I am not feeling into it and just the mere Hearing of Any kind of tunes makes me blue.
    Eventually when time heals all wounds, you just might go back and take a small bite or even a swig but for now... Lick your war wounds and just enjoy your own comfort food and focus on you now.
    Good luck. xx

• Yes! There's also songs and places I avoid too. As I'm healing, I'll just enjoy new places and new activities. Thanks!

• Oh, so welcome... however, every day gets a bit easier... get up with agood friend and keep yourself busy so you can both share a good laugh once in awhile.:)) xx

What Guys Said 2

• it is normal. I can't enjoy the punch buggy game anymore because it reminds me of my ex. after a break up you always want to stop those things that you did with that special person to try to get over them.

• Its sad that they are not that special person anymore.

• yeah i know it does really suck that you wish they were that special person but they are not anymore. It will be hard but hopefully you will be able to get over them and hopefully you won't have to see them often which kind of makes it worse.

• Time heals all wounds. Give yourself sometime and the emotions that are tied to those activities will eventually go away

• Hope it goes away soon.

• Keep your head and spirit up you'll make it through it :)

What Girls Said 4

• I have the same problem too. I can't enjoy doing the things I used to love because they remind me of him. My friend told me to stop doing those things for the mean time and give yourself time to move on. Eventually you won't find it a problem anymore.

• Ehh, maybe just a little dramatic.

• You'll get over it with time.

• yeah you will be.