She is posting things about me on MySpace.

she is posting things about me on MySpace, do I have a right to be upset. I know you say well I am posting here but its anonymous and I don't use her name. on her MySpace she pin points me out and makes me look like a bad person

she drops her daughter off with us monday and we take her back Friday we take care of her all week and still pay his ex full child support. she is saying me and my boyfriend are horrible people and don't do and ething ever when really we do more then she ever thought about.

do I have the right to ask her about why she is posting things about me and tell her not to or should I just let her go on and make me look bad?

125

Most Helpful Guy

• Frankly, people gossip all the time. She's just doing it in a venue that isn't inaccessible to you. Do you have the "right" to be upset, or the "right" to ask her about why she is talking about you? Nope. That isn't a right. But you can do it anyway. If you have a problem with what she's saying, either ignore her or confront her -- but don't do it on MySpace.

Remember that she is the mother, you're just another woman taking care of her child.. spending time with her, time that the mother no doubt wishes was hers. You're invading her territory -- or at least that is how she sees it. I'm not at all surprised that she's hostile towards you. Responding with equal hostility is not the answer.

I would suggest talking to her in a *private* setting, making clear that you don't have any intention of replacing her as a mother (if indeed you don't). Try improving your relations with her, ask if she has any particular concerns when the kid is at your house, etc. At some point the situation may change; the child may want more time with one parent, one of the parents may seek out more time, or even sole custody. The best thing possible is to fix the rift now, before it becomes a bigger problem in the future.

• She doesn't want her daughter is the point she leaves her with us and then we have to force her to take her back. the little girl is pretty bad when she is here and today I noticed that she doesn't listen to her mom. she kept hitting her mom and she told her to stop she giggled and kept it up. as soon as I told her to stop she did. her mom doesn't know what she is doing and when she does have her she sends her to a baby sitter. I don't want to take her place I don't want to be a mother. just bugs me

• It looks more like a personal issue than a child issue itself..it looks like she wants to bother you and your man..if she's a horrible mother she shouldnt have the child but since you don't want to be a mother either then talk about this with your man..i can see bad future for this child..if you care about ur man there shouldnt be problem taking his child too..this is way big problem with your man..

• You should of thought about all of this before deciding to get into a relationship with a guy who has a child. it comes with the territory.

What Guys Said 4

• take this to court, if she doesn't want the child back, get the daughter for yourself, try full custody. especially if she's willing, also print off pages of her saying things about you and take that to court as well (obviously go over things with a lawyer first) since it is against the law to cyber bully.I would try and ask her to take those things off herself. (before doing so print off everything you can) tell her what you are going to do if she doesn't take it off. that you will take her to court, if she calls your bluff, show her you are NOT bluffing and take it to court.

• She has a right to speak her mind. Just ignore her. She probably rants and no one listens.

• Sneak into her house.

Take apart the desktop. Defecate all over the circuitry.

Next time you watch her kid, feed him nothing but beets. The kid eats nothing but beets, get it?

OK, that should solve your issue.

• Its called cyber bullying...there are laws against it...

What Girls Said 12

• You are right. It is totally fine to ask for advice about how to deal with someone when that person's identity remains anonymous. No one knows who the person is if is written about them is incorrect or is not something they would want others to know.

What this woman is doing is wrong. Depending on where you live, it might even be against the law for her to slander you. Whether she is breaking the law or not, it is never right to say bad things about people in a public forum--especially on MySpace where you can't defend yourself.

If I were you, I would definitely NOT get involved in anything with her. The best thing to do is ignore her. If you ask her to stop posting things about you, she probably won't do it. Also, she will happy that she has gotten to you. She might get even crazier and start posting worse things. I know it is hard to have someone behave this way and not defend yourself, but I think this is the smartest, most dignified thing to do. What she is doing is trashy and you should stay classy and act like she doesn't exist, except to say "hi" when she drops off the kids.

If you can stay classy and not engage with her, people will soon realize that she is acting nuts. They probably already do think this because it is pretty weird to post mean comments about your ex's new partner on your MySpace page. I'm betting that people are already thinking she should have moved on and be acting like an adult.

I never understand why women blame other women when a relationship ends. Her relationship with her ex has nothing to do with you. If I were you, I would avoid communicating with her at all. Let your husband take care of all the pick-up and drop-off arrangements for his daughter!

• don't stoop to her level. she's looking for drama and also looking to cause a strain in your relationship. she's obviously jealous or bitter. so ungrateful as well. don't stoop to her level. if anyone should ask you about what she's saying deny it obviously and just say you don't understand why she would say something terrible about you. don't be rude to her and don't take it out on her daughter. take the high road.

i'm not sure which country you are in so I can't really advice you appropriately on the legal matter of child support. however, I do think you have a valid case if you want to stop paying FULL child support as long as you can prove that the girl has been living with you mondays to fridays. we're not just talking word-of-mouth as proof. to which address do school letters go? which doctor's surgery is she registered? in your area or the mother's? you get my drift.

• tell her to go screw herself and why is she doing it? it's probably because your boyfriend did something to her or dumped her or something like that . sometimes "mad" people aren't "mad" at all, depending on perspective but it isn't nice she's doing that and I'd tell he rit isn't nice

• have you ever looked at in the sense that she's probably pretty freaking lonely... I'm not standing up for her or what she's doing because its immature stupid and wrong...

but ultimately you were the one her baby's daddy ended up with, he's obviously happy, her kid probabl ylistens better to her daddy and step mom(you) and she is like someone else mentioned cyber bullying you. which is innaccpetable.

Pull her aside before picking up or dropping off happens and tell her that you feel the way you do because of her actions and tell her its not healthy for her daughter to be in an enviroment where parents are being bashed. whether she likes it or not you are an ACTIVE part of her daughters life and somethign that she needs to accept. the sooner the games astop the btter the enviroment for her daughter and ultimately she needs to realise that is the most importnat thing...

I have an 11 year old step daughtrer who tried 1 time to play both sides against each other instead of taking responsibility for her actions and it got her no where except in trouble because paretns talk in our setting.. in the long run this crazy lady ur dealing with must undersatnd that her daughter NEEDS to come first!

• the issue is her influence on the little girl, not her harrassing you via the internet. she is extremely selfish and immature to use her child to get back at your boyfriend. unfortunately, there's not much you can do about it, your boyfriend has to deal with that. he needs to stand up to his ex and take action if she is putting his daughter in a harmful situation.

• of course you have a right to be upset! why wouldn't you? if someone is trash talking you on MySpace yeah upset is a normal reaction. confront her, don't just let this ride. when someone is trying to run your reputation you should always take quick action. just do it in a classy way and don't get on her level if she tries to act ignorant. remember a wise person should never argue with a fool because from the distance you can't tell who is who. so just stay calm, classy poised and confront her like that. but do say something

• I want to just have my boyfriend to text her and say we arnt mad but please stop talking about us on your page. me or him do not have MySpace and can still see it so thus for any one could. its not fair to him he owns a company and it looks bad on him

• Who cares about Myspace, As long as you and ut boyfriend are happy togther. F what she says,

• She says it to the little girl and its starting to show she doesn't listen to me and tels me she hates me. I am her main caregiver durning the week soon we won't be able to handle her any more if she keeps this up

• I say do it since she's being an assmonkey.

• She sounds like a loser. Pay no attention. If it gets bad, ?talk to a lawyer.

• i would say something go ahead and say something because she is jealous and she can't handle it.

• No one goes on MySpace anymore anyway

• Well, First off why are you on her MySpace?

Second a grown women making a big deal out of this?

Anyway...

1.Confront her about the situation, because being passive never solved anything.

2.You know your a good person so why care what she says she doesn't pay your bills does she.

3.You could stop having contact with her maybe?

• We are on her MySpace because the little girl was coughing like crazy we asked her if she was smoking around her the mom said no the little girl said yes. we looked on MySpace sure enough there are pictures of them smoking with the little girl in the room.

• Lololol okay...

how about you just follow 1 2 and 3