Why do guys say "i don't want you to hate me" when they break up with someone?

i always wanted to know why guys say that when they are breaking up with someone. it seems like they did something bad behind your back soon or later you're going to find out really soon. does it mean they still want to be friends, be on good terms with you still, or have you in their life still? why do guys say it in the first place when they are breaking up with you?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Using this term "I don't want you to hate me" when breaking off with someone, essiexbabe92, could possibly mean they don't want to have you hate their guts or have to Feel guilty for ending things because they feel it's the best thing to do.
    Whatever reason of their season for saying so long, whether they did 'Something bad behind your back' or whathaveyou, at that Given moment, for in time, Time will only tell what your situation might end up to be with becoming friends or even reuniting, they don't want to have to have this sick feeling inside, knowing they did... something Bad to you when they are breaking this off. xx

0|0
    0|0

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• It means they don't want you to become an emotional wreck, key their car, or start rumors that he sucks in bed.

They want a clean break with as little drama as possible.

0|0
    0|0
  • They don't want to be friends.. they just want you to not hold any grudges against them, so that in future you won't try to.. you know.. get even.
    The world is a small place.

0|0
    0|0
  • Becuase some girl are crazy. Some girls will key up your car break windows and hide out in the bushes on some secret agent stuff. Some girls are insane

0|0
    0|0
  • When people get hurt in a breakup they often try to deal with the pain by developing a hatred for the person that broke up with them. Just because a guy breaks up with you doesn't mean he doesn't care about you on some other level. He may or may not want to be friends, but it still feels bad to think someone we care about hates us even if we never see that person again.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Loading... ;