Would you ever forgive a cheater?

Even if they apologized, would you take that apology seriously? Even if he/she were begging on their knees begging for you to forgive them for their mistakes, would you feel bad and forgive them? Would you ever forgive the person that broke your trust? If not, is there any way that they could regain your trust, or is it broken forever?

• Yes, I would forgive a cheater.
  • Maybe, it would take a while, but I would eventually forgive him/her.
  • No, I would never forgive a cheater.
    Vote C
  • I would forgive him/her, but I would never forget. I would still be hurt by it.
    Vote D

2023

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 22

• Nope I would never forgive a girl that cheats on me, once a cheater always a cheater. I would just be too hurt to forgive a girl that cheated on me.

• It really depends on how much i love that person. Because my girlfriend cheated on me. But i didn't look at it the way she did. You see I was so god damn depressed, and even with her I was so alone, I didn't appreciate her enough. So she slept with a few other guys. Sure I was mad when i found out... but when she said sorry... and really told me to my face My Issues, I really had to forgive her. Because despite my depression and a little drug use, she still came back to me. And that takes more balls than cheating in the first place

• I'd forgive them if they were truly sorry but forgiving them is not the same as staying with them. I'd forgive them but they'd still be out of my life. Trust is like glass, you can't just glue it back together if it was shattered and think it'll still work the same.

• I have cheated in the past and I myself have been cheated, it is possibly one of the worst feelings in the World, you feel worthless, the trust is broken deeply and beyond repair, so many people cheat just because they are thinking with their heads and they don't think about the repercussions.

As a married Man I have had to deal with interest and attraction but I have always put my Wife in my mind first and think about what made us fall in love with each other, one night of what could be boring sex would only just make you live with regret for the rest of your life, don't ever cheat, leave your partner first.

• I'd forgive her... but I'd show her the door. At that moment my trust for her would be shattered into a million peices, and its never be regained. I don't want to put myself through that stress. Plus, i may as well break up now while i have some dignity. Otherwise she would break up with me for being jealous, insecure, and controlling, eventually.

• A few months ago on LOL, I was laning as Thresh in bot as I often do being a support main. Apparently their Vayne DC'd and their support Annie typed in all chat for us to leave them alone. We did so, ignored Vayne and peacefully CS'd. Of course being European they were lying and they proceeded to ambush us and kill us. From that point on we agreed to unleash the fury of retribution, and proceeded to give them no quarter and win the game.

• No, they have given me enough reason to not trust them, therefore, can't forgive them.

• It's hard to forgive someone who cheats in a relationship

• I have to say no. My ego won't allow it. I wouldn't be able to trust the person anymore!

• No, I wouldn't.

• Yeah in a millions years

• cheating is one strike and you're gone.

• ill forgive her but I would not get back together with her

• I never forgive or forget.

• I'd forgive her, but that's all. I would never take her back.

• I have forgiven every girl who cheated on me.

• I've forgiven every single time.

• I'd forgive. Forgiveness is about you being the bigger person. Though I'd forgive, I'd never trust or be with that person again.

• I might forgive them but I guarantee it I'll set them free rather I do or don't.

• Nope. Never.

• i want a female who is perfect.

• Depends on weather he confessed it or you found out and then he apologized.

What Girls Said 20

• As wise as I am and even with the Level I am at here, RainbowFanGirl, I definitely know I would Forgive but probably Never... Forget.
    I also know myself well enough to know that I would throw this into their face everytime the moment would call for it, even if it would be "Uncalled" for. xx

• Well. I forgive him once... I didn't broke up. It was one of the most stupidest decision I've ever made cause the guy was a liar and jerk.
    I learnt my lesson. Once cheater, always a cheater.

• i've forgiven a cheater before. not worth it at all.
    it depends on the situation i gues... but trst is really really hard to try and mend. and if it takes a year or two and then you realize you don't want to be with them anyway you just wasted time you can't get back.

• Forgiving someone after they've cheated on you and staying with them / taking them back is the equivalent of having "I have no self respect" tattooed all over your face.

• I forgive. But they're never trusted. And it wouldn't be "hurt". I just wouldn't care if they lived or died.

• I would try to forgive because that's what people like Gandhi say to do, but I'd never forget. I'd probably still dump them because you have one shot to value someone and have their trust, once it's broken they'll never have your trust again

• Forgive as a human maybe but that relationship is forever gone. I will never get back with him no matter how much he beg. He already made that choice by cheating and probably was enjoying ever moment of it when being with the other person.

• by the way, I hate when someone begs. It makes me hate them even more.

• I would never forgive someone for cheating.

• I forgave mine by stupidly taking him back because I loved him. He begged and cried but when I'm with him the image of another girl and him kills me inside my head. I couldn't do it and I know he's going to hurt me again one day so we let each other go.

• Never. If they cheat on you, they have no respect for you. Once respect is lost, my opinion on them changes.

• Its happened to me before, I've forgiven but i sure as hell never have forgotten it.

• I don't care how many times he apologizes. Once a cheater always a cheater

• Once a cheater, always a cheater... I learned that from experience..

• its between b and d

• Once I discovered that my ex was cheating on me I was heartbroken and devastated. I kinda new this shit was going on but like most females I was in denial. He begged, pleaded and apologized but I couldn't take him back. We tried to make it work but that lastex one day and I told him I couldn't do it and called it quits. Once someone cheats on you the relationship is ruined and should be OVER.

• It would be broken forever for me, I could never trust someone again and I have no interest in being in a relationship where there's no trust. It all sounds like way too much drama for me, I would rather move on with my life.

• I would forgive him. I have cheated before but when he put a ring on it I stop. Now we have been married for four years :-)

• Yes I would or could

• I forgave my ex, after he begged me to forgive him. Worse mistake ever, he cheated on me again 4 months later.

• I could forgive them, but I'll never forget so the romantic relationship would be over.