Does it count as cheating?

Okay, so I have a boyfriend whom doesn't do anything. No hand holding, sucks at hugs, and hasn't even made out with anyone, but despite of all this, I still love him. That's why I've been holding on for so long.

Secretly, behind his back, I've made out with other guys and guys have asked me to be their "f*** buddy" and I have accepted, but I haven't done anything sexual with them yet, so would it still count as cheating on my boyfriend?

I've asked some other friends, and the answers all come out differently. Some of them say that it won't count as cheating because my boyfriend doesn't help me with my sexual needs and the "real" meaning of cheating is when I have another relationship with another guy. So I need your help. What do you think ?

34

Most Helpful Guy

• Cheating:

- When you do anything with anyone else, that you normally would perform for your boyfriend.

Examples: Hugs, Kisses, Relationship talks, Sexual Desires + fullfillment, etc.

I recommend you clarify with your boyfriend because maybe he would rather move on than be hurt like that. Then you could make a better decision, if or if not that it's okay with him.

In my own anecdote- I would find your conversations with these other men as cheating because of the reference to becoming "f*** buddies" - this would be considered "emotional cheating". On the contrary, by making out with other men- that too would be considered cheating.

If you aren't being fulfilled, talk to your man - maybe he believes he is being rude by smothering you with love or passion; when on the other hand - it's what you're wanting more of.

Best regards,

ArtistBBoy

• *P.s.- Not all hugs etc are cheating. It's the "meaningful" hugs that you only give to a certain boyfriend or otherwise.

Like anon said - it's more like deceiving someone.

What Guys Said 3

• You already cheated by making out with those guys. Your under 18, so I have no idea what you meant by "sexual needs". Your jumping the gun in that department. Why you would rather kiss other guys, rather than just tell your boyfriend you want him to, is beyond me.

I hope you tell him soon enough, so he can move on and find someone more loyal and honest.

• Yes, most definitely. If you really still don't think of it as cheating, then tell him what you're doing and see his reaction. If you don't have the guts to do this, then deep down you know that it is cheating, you just don't want to admit it.

• You're deceiving him. It's cheating.

What Girls Said 3

• Lol, the friends that have told you that are class A sluts. Of course f***ing someone behind your boyfriend's back is cheating. I class a peck on the lips as cheating, some people class full sex as cheating, either way f***ing someone is defo cheating. You don't love him or you wouldn't kiss anyone else let alone say yes to being someone's f*** buddy. If he doesn't want to do anything with you then there is a reason for it and if you aren't prepared to wait then dump him and f*** as many guys as you want.

• I think it absolutley counts as cheating. If he's not doing anything with you, and you want him to tell him. Maybe you do love him, but you can't go around making out with other guys when you have a boyfriend. Its not right to him. I think you should either stay true to him (and talk to him about it) or break it off with him.

• Thank you for the advice. I think I'll go with what you said.

• Yes, of course it is cheating. The excuse doesn't matter. Cheating is cheating! I mean, come on. You are planning on being someone's f*** buddy and you don't think that would be cheating?!

I don't get why you don't end your relationship with your boyfriend. Or simply talk to him about exploring some more satisfying options in the sex department.