Is it normal to feel lonely and lose interest in others after a break up?

I broke up with my boyfriend recently, because I knew it was the best thing for the two of us. I've been upset, mostly about hurting him, and also because I miss him. I feel so lonely now, I know I have my friends but it's not the same feeling as with a guy. And I talk to a few guys, but it just doesn't feel the same anymore, they don't seem to make me feel great, I almost don't want to talk to them because of it but I need someone to talk to me that way because I feel so lonely. Is this normal? Does anyone know how to stop this too? Will it just take time?

93

Most Helpful Girl

• You are going through a normal reaction after a Break up, jarcher123, because you have been so used to being with one guy, in one routine and Now... I feel so lonely now...
    You did what you felt was for the good of both of you and I am not going to lie, it is going to take some time to heal. You will be Missing the Kissing and the history you both shared, and from time to time, you both, may find yourselves contacting one another for various reasons.
    Time heals all wounds as thy say. You haven't even begun to lick your war wounds just yet.
    After you have gotten through a few rough patches, begin anew beguine of socializing again or maybe, if you feel time may call for... see if the both of you can't work past what went wrong.
    Good luck. xx

What Guys Said 3

• You have just been use to one person. It does go away. You just need some time to yourself for a little while. This will, in a way, reset your mind and you'll be ready to meet new people. In the mean time when your sitting there, feeling lonely, hit the gym. Physical work sometimes helps put things back into perspective.

• not weird... many pl fel lonely after breakin up!

• I'd say it's normal. You should probably take the time to actually grieve the relationship. It's good for ya.

What Girls Said 8

• if you know that you did the right thing.. for both of you.. then give it some time.. you will feel less sad and lonely with time.. keep yourself busy... all this will b completely over when you will like another guy..

• It is normal and I've been feeling the same way for months but it gets better over time. Remind yourself you did it for the best and that you will find someone who brings you the same feelings he did. Stay strong!

• yes, it's normal. just have some hobby to stay busy and hang out more with friends, you'll be okay

• Completely normal! I'm in the same boat. It does take time. Its so hard, but time really does heal all.

• Of course its normal. I've felt lonely for 20years an never had a serious relationship, never had a boyfriend lol no guys seem to want to commit to me :(

• it is normal.

• Of course it's normal I think everyone goes through this weather it be a girl or a guy. Now how to stop it really only takes time. You just got out of a relationship so you're not use to feeling this way, you'll get over it don't worry but it may take longer than desired.

• it is normal.