Do you think I did the right thing?

Okay so my ex and I broked up after a year of "dating".
Reasons for break-up:
1. He barely had time for me, we only saw eachother 5 times.
2. He didn't put much effort into the relationship.
3. Always had an excuse to why he can't see me, unless if he knows he's going to have sex with me.
4. He cheated on me but he doesn't know that I know.

So it's been almost a month and a half since we broked up and I've moved on and so I've been hanging out with friends and one of them I developed feelings for and apparently he's always like me but respected that I was with my ex. And so we've hungout every weekend and he'd already met my family, he's bought me flowers, breakfast, lunch and dinner. Basically a lot more than what my ex did for me. And recently we've made it official and on post the relationship status on fb and then my ex posted something on ig saying that I'm a liar, a cheater and a whore and that he hopes I suffer from more seizures. And before then, I told him we can be friends and that I wouldn't mind if he dated someone else but that day I asked him about the post and he told me that of course he's pissed off at me. And I told him I deserve to be happy with someone that actually tries to make time for me. He got offended and told me he doesn't want to talk to me anymore. And so I blocked him from everything and that post really hurt me a lot. And so I wanted to see what you guys think about all of this.

51

Most Helpful Guy

• I think that you're completely right. He shouldn't have offended you the way he did, it wasn't necessary. The reasons to break up were more than enough as well. You did nothing wrong, continue your life normally with your boyfriend and ignore your ex because he doesn't deserve your attention.

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 5

• There’s no point in you guys “being friends”. Be real: you two have passed the point of friendship. You are beyond the possibility of being platonic friends. For one, you’ve probably been sexual. Two, he screwed you over and shit all over you by cheating on you then not even being man enough to confess.

He’s just bitter because now he can’t have you and another man is not only getting you, but performing way better than he ever did. You’re doing the right thing. Continue to cut him out.

• you dfefinitley did the right thing. you deserve to be happy and have someone who is willing to put effort into your relationship and make time for you.

• That guy is such a wuss to be so mean to you. Sounds like he doesn't know why you broke up with him at the first place. At the same time, some people do feel the competition (who will be in the relationship first) after the break ups and I feel that from him. You have made a good choice, you dont need to have him as a friend, he is not worth it!

• Don't contact him anymore.

• you did the right thing.