Girls or guys do you have any good ex boyfriends/girlfriends?

I always hear people bashing their ex boyfriend and girlfriends for being assholes or using them but has anyone ever broken up with their ex just because they weren't compatible and are still on friendly terms/friends?

75

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think that you should be friends with your ex's if you are then you normally still have feelings for them. Like my ex was friends with her ex and they slept together right before we started dating. I still care about my ex but I could never be friends with her

• The same thing happened to me. Did your ex still have feelings for her ex?

• i dont think so. we daed for almost 2 years then we broke up b/c i lied about going out with friends.

What Guys Said 4

• Me and my ex are on good terms. We broke up mutually because we were both going to different cities for college.

• Yes, I have. The best.

• I'm still at good terms with my ex, even though she was the one who dumped me.

• My recent ex is probably the best ex I've had so far.

I say that because 1) I don't hold anything negative towards her 2) She's open to communication 3) She hasn't spoken shit about me

All my other exes turned out to be bitches... but not this one.

• Which ones turned out to be bitches the ones that you broke up with or the ones that broke up with you?

• The ones that broke up with me.

• When they turned bitter did they break up with you because of something you did?

What Girls Said 7

• I had only 3 serious and long relationships in my life, and I'm friends with 2 of them. I still didn't get over the 3rd one but I'm on good terms with him and hoping we can work it out.
    I guess it depends how and why you broke up. In my case, non of them did anything THAT bad. First ex was an alcoholic and was using drugs, going no where with his life. He was overall a good guy and was treating me right, but I realized I don't want to put up with his addictions, gave him a choice - drugs and alcohol or me, and he choose drugs and alcohol. We stayed friends and I realized I like him more that way. Second ex was a pussy and a mamma's boy. They hated me and wanted to break us and he didn't confront them because they threatened to kick him out and all the shit. It was either his family or me, and he chose his family ofc. It was a mutual breakup and it was hard. After 6 months or so we bumped into each other and started talking and hanging out. By that time I was completely over him so it wasn't hard maintaining friendship. I love talking to him about life and deep stuff, he's the first one I would go when I need some tough advice. He is a cowered but overall a really smart guy. Basically, when I'm in a mood for partying I go out with my first ex and our mutual friends. When I'm in a mood for chill hangout or some online video games, I turn to second ex. Now, 5 years after, neither of them changed. First ex is still a drunk drug addict and second ex is still living with his parents trying to find a job. I care about them but can't say I agree with their life style. The main reason why I can be friends with them is because I know they won't change, and if they do, the time did its job in making sure I don't get back the feeling, even if I wanted to. The 3rd and recent ex broke up because of the distance. I stayed in touch with him too but it's really hard this time because it's not something that we choose to be or something that we can change by ourselves. But if we soon don't figure out what we gonna do or if I don't find a way to move there, I don't think I will be able to stay friends.

• You said your second ex was a mamas boy and chose his family over you, what if one day he found someone else and ended up putting them first and choosing his new girlfriend over his family and marrying her. Would you still be able to manage a friendship if he did for another woman what you wanted him to do for you?

• Yeah totally. And all the past doesn't matter because time and new relationships made sure I get over him. I couldn't go back to him even if I wanted to, I just don't find him romantically and sexually attractive anymore. I would love if I did though. And it's kind of sad. But I think that if we didn't stay friends and we got in contact like now after 5 years I think I would still find him attractive. I changed and they didn't, that's the reason I could never go back with them. Or maybe we weren't compatible from the start and I just adapted, loving the idea of them, but not really loving them. That's probably why I stayed with them for so long being totally aware of all their flaws. I'm just the kind of person that doesn't mind. But still got dumped in the end. Well now I know that I should mind.

• He was my first boyfriend. I hated him when we broke up but it's been 3 years since and we slowly got matured and just laughed about the past. We're friends now. The great thing is, I just broke up with my 2nd boyfriend and my 1st ex is the one giving me advice, comforting me. He was like, "I know you soo much because we've been together for almost 2 years." It's been days now and he's still there for me whenever I need someone to talk to.

• i have an ex like that. don't talk to him anymore but we were really good friends for a long long time after we broke up.

• I have one =]

• I'm still on good terms with 2 of my most recent exes. I'm actually best friends with one of my ex's brothers and stay in touch since he moved away. I actually prefer our relationship since we've broken up. :)

• My first boyfriend was a good guy. We're not really friends but we still respect each other today. We couldn't be together anymore but that wasn't our fault.

• it was bittersweet