Bad breakup mutual friends, need advice?

So I just recently broke up with my ex about a week ago, caught him with his ex. We have both been on and off for 3 years and it's been a difficult year this past one, because of trust issues (he cheated on me with the ex I saw him with recently) now when I saw him recently at petsmart of all places, he was surprised to see me, turned white as a ghost and avoided me and left as soon as possible, so I cut him off my life dramatically, I completely ignored him and changed my # the next morning so he won't give me his lame excuses once again. We both hangout with the same crowd, so him bound to see him, what should I do, when I do? Should I stop hanging out with my friends? What have been your experiences with breakups and having mutual friends. Thanx!

So if and when I see him should I speak to him?

34

Most Helpful Guy

• Never stop hangin with friends, he is the asshole! But when u do see him with ur friends u have to act like it didn't bother u one bit. And if some of the girls ask about it tell them i traded him in the sex was terrible!

What Guys Said 3

• Being cordial and not bad mouthing him are two good advices. Ofc, if someone closer asks you don't need to "protect" him hiding that he was a cheater, but, frankly, let him be away and out of your heart.

Those who are really your friends will understand and support you. When you are ready, let yourself find another love and enjoy.

• There's no need to overextend yourself. So don't talk to him if you don't want to. Simple greetings and being cordial is sufficient.

• U needa find a guy who is 1000x hotter, 1000x more fit and has a way bigger dick and send him pics of u with him lol. I know I know thats trashy but he deserves it!

What Girls Said 3

• Give yourself time to heal and to... Deal here, dear. With you both having the same circle of friends, it will be quite hard to hang in there. Take some time for yourself.
    It doesn't mean you have to give up your friends. It's a sticky situation when you both have broken up and you both share the same circle of friends.
    When you feel strong enough to begin your beguine again, then show him how strong you are and that... You have moved on. It might even be easier by then with some soul searching, that he is not worth it anymore.
    In the meantime, get a hold of a few friends and just a few of you go out alone for now.. he doesn't need to be a tag along every time.
    Good luck. xx

• Don't stop hanging with your friends. Also don't bad mouth him to your friends - that never ends well.

Go out do what you do and have fun. If he shows up he does, acknowledge he's there if you want to. There is no rule that says you have to be best buddies with him. Treat him like someone you used to know.

• Don't stop hanging with your friends, it's not supposed in that way..
    just play like there's nothing happens..
    when you need talk to him normally, then talk.. if not try to avoid him..