Why after all the rejection he wants to be with me again?

I've spent 6 months trying to get my ex back and working on trying to show him I wanted to fix the issues and problems we've faced and had. He told me he had lost all his feelings and really made me believe it was over but I still tried.

the other day we got into a huge fight and I decided to tell him that our friendship was over and I needed to move forth with my life and focus on school. I started talking to my ex (different ex) and hanging out with him as a distraction and just trying to have fun again. All of a sudden he wants to be with me. He's started talking to me and he's making promises he'll change for us. It's hard because This is what I want but I just feel like it's only because he feels threatened by my ex and/or just doesn't want to lose me so he knows my weakness. Thoughts?

33

Most Helpful Guy

• He just saw what he had lost and that someone else has your special interest. Male competition, playing... there are some possibilities. I'd avoid him for now, but maybe in the future your paths cross again, with more maturity, who knows? by the way, distractions can be like two edged blades - you may be toyed by these, so protect yourself is also a nice suggestion.

What Guys Said 2

• You tell him what he used to tell you to equalise it. As soon as you get back with him I think it will restart all over... Move on unless you really want him then give him another chance... but I think its all mind games, avoid it.

• May be he is jeaolus of you

What Girls Said 3

• he wants you now that you'er talking with someone else. thats how it works. haha! some unwritten rule. when you start to be happy again, THATS when they want you back.

• he doesn't want to lose you.

• Game playing at its finest!
    I'd ignore him :-)