Did I make a mistake breaking up with him or is it just me grieving?

On Wednesday I broke up with my boyfriend. Why? Because he never talked, he didn't make me feel special, sexual stuff felt quite uncomfortable with him, I didn't feel like I could talk to him about my feelings and stuff, so i felt like I was losing interest. But now I can't stop crying. I cry myself to sleep every night because I miss him. Thinking back, I don't think we talked about feelings because I'm the kind of person to keep it all inside, and I think he was too. We were both new to sexual stuff so maybe thats why it was uncomfortable, and maybe I should have talked to him before breaking up? Do you think I made a mistake or is this just because we recently broke up and I still miss him? I need to sort myself out because I'm so lonely right now

65

Most Helpful Guy

• If you didn't feel special with your boyfriend, it could well be that you have done the right thing. It's part of being in a good relationship that your boyfriend should make you feel very special.

At the moment, you are on your own. Anyone, girls or guys, will feel exactly the same as you do in this situation. It is important to be able to communicate openly, and it sometimes takes a long time to be able to trust a guy enough to be able to do this.

I think now is the time to try to put this all behind you. Try to go forward, and not look back over your shoulder at what was. You will soon meet a guy who will really set you on fire!! You will feel so special you will know it's the right guy.

One thing you should try not to do is get involved with sex until you are absolutely sure you trust a guy 100% and nothing less. Keep talking about all the little issues that happen. It will be easier to sort out the bigger ones. And if you have a serious row, NEVER part company or go to sleep without making up!! The ghosts of the night will just make it worse the next day!!

What Guys Said 4

• I would begin by talking to him and seeing how he is feeling. If he also misses you intensely, you may be able to solve your problems by redoubling your efforts together.

Forget about your pride and find out where he is at this point. If he is nonchalant toward you breakup, you are wasting your time being upset. All you can do is learn a lesson to discuss your feelings the next time before you act on them.

• guess u still miss him... hope u'll feel less lonely as time passes by

• Take a deep breath. Calm down, and realize that sometimes, things just don't work out. It's normal. It happens. Just remember, there is a better tomorrow if you focus on it, rather than focusing on the past.

• I think you DID make a mistake. At 16, just about all guys are awkward.

What Girls Said 6

• It's normal to miss him, you guys are quite young. Relationships and teens can be seriously awkward. Hang out with your friends and engage in different things, it'll sure make you feel less lonely. A person shouldn't be in a relationship that might lead them to feel bad, or uncomfortable, so it's probably the right thing as long as it didn't make you feel good.

• i don't think you made a mistake... you are probably just a little sad, thast all..
    but if you feel you should talk to him and get some better closure you should do that. might make you feel a little better :)

• It's normal. Don't doubt your decision yet.

• It's probably just the fact that y'all broke up.

• I think this is just a part of you grieving a loss of something you were comfortable with. I completely understand it!

• its natural.