I broke up with my ex-boyfriend 4 days ago and am already texting someone else. Am I moving to fast?

My boyfriend of almost 3 years was texting and hanging out with other girls, so I dumped him and moved on right away. Am I moving to fast?

• Yes
  • No

69

Most Helpful Guy

• One point your moving too fast but your doing this
    cause you need to get rid of the hurt of what your
    boyfriend did to you and i do think it will take lot
    for you to actually love someone new cause you
    had a boyfriend for 3 years who you loved with all
    your heart but you saw the hurt he was doing to you
    so you finally said, enough is enough I'm giving him
    taste of his own medicine and that's exactly what
    doing but maybe he did so much stuff to you that
    you need a guy there to text to over come your hurt.

What Guys Said 8

• There are no rules of timing when we speak about relationships, imho. Just a word of advice: be careful about yourself. You had been cheated, that hurts like hell, and sometimes tends to lead people doing careless stuff. Do you really want / need to be in another relationship so soon or is it like a revengeful payback?

3 years are not 3 days, you know. Give yourself some time to breath and settle your mind in peace. He was not for you and didn't respect you. So, you kicked his ass away. BUT do not let anger or frustration be the basis of some new relationship: taking some time and thinking about something else is also respecting yourself.

Just my 2 cents.

• Texting is not exactly the same as a torrid affair. It is just friendliness. Nothing wrong with that.

• If you don't like him anymore, then you should definitely start finding someone else, unless he tries to text you again asking you to hang out with him after a while, so no.

• kinda fast... but if u r ok wid it... it shouldn't b a problem in my opinion

• You're just texting

• Nope not at all.

• I don't think so you doing what you feel like

• text away!

What Girls Said 6

• You both were in this Long term relationship, dory23, so go slow with your own flow. It could be Subconsciously you are Retaliating in your own mind because... Was texting and hanging out with other girls.
    Also, anyone right now could end up to be a Rebound Robert, where you find yourself comparing your Last and past to this new Blast and it ends up going down a badly beaten road.
    I am happy to see that you have 'Moved on,' but don't be surprised that one day you wake up and it suddenly Hits you... You still Miss the Kiss and the history you both shared and him as well.
    Take your time.
    Good luck. xx

• In my opinion there is no 'too fast' or 'too slow' to move on. If you moved on faster then most people then you probably just held on to the relationship longer then you should have. If you move on slower then usual then you just invested your self emotionally more than others.

Every relationship is different as is every break up. These guys your tslking to might even be a rebound. Only you can decipher whether you are ready for anything. You know your previous relationship and you knoe yourself. Goodluck!

• if you feel like you're ready, then you are :)

• Woah, yes. Try getting to know that new person slow and steady

• don't slow down girl ;)

• not at all.