Me and my boyfriend have broken up after 13 months together. After 2 days he's 'speaking' to someone else. Should I believe him and the rumours?

My ex admitted after 2 days if breaking up he's speaking to someone else. We've been together for over a year so it was quite serious between us. So I messaged a number to ask if he was. Before he had a go at me for a load of stuff and it's killing me.

Should I even believe him? Is it even possible after 2 days to move on and speak to someone else?

Someone help me please. It's incredibly upsetting.

54

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah I think you should believe him especially after he blocked you on social media a while back. Sorry :/

What Guys Said 3

• sounds reliable in my opinion...

• He was probably taking with that person before you actually broke up and he just doesn't want you to know.

• You broke up. Who cares what he does. Move on and heal instead of cutting open old wounds. Go live YOUR life. Yes believe him. Yes it's possible. And if he's lying who cares. I know you do but you shouldn't you're only dragging out the hurt. It didn't work now let go of the fantasy, accept reality, (which I promise isn't that bad) and enjoy what you do have instead of wasting your time being hurt about something you can't control. I know easier said than done but it's still easier than it looks. You'll be fine without him. You'll be fine without thinking about him. You'll be fine without contacting him. You'll be fine when he's with someone new. You'll be fine when you're with someone new. Life comes with a few loads of crappy situations you can either add to the suffering by focusing on how bad it is or unfair it is or you can let it go and enjoy what you have left.

What Girls Said 5

• I think it is possible, but who knows if he's speaking to someone else for genuine reasons. Are you sure he wasn't already talking to her whilst still in a relationship with you? (near the end). If not, he may also just be looking for a distraction, not knowing why you guys broke up is the missing piece- as it could relate to the reason why he's speaking to someone else so quickly. I think people do irrational things, and don't think before they act, stay calm, because in the end if you really meant a lot to him, he should respect your feelings as a person.

• He might be doing that to upset you, but either way you guys broke up sooner or later he will meet someone else and so will you.

• Sorry to say, yes it's possible.

• talk to him about it.

• Yes, it is possible. Some people are extremely fast when it comes to moving on. Unless he has a history of not being honest, he's likely telling the truth.