Is it bad to not care about your ex?

Do you think it's wrong to break up and treat your ex like they're just another person? If you do what's so bad about it? Do you think it's wrong for your current partner to still treat thier ex special in comparison to other people? Do you think it's wrong if your ex treats you like you're just another person? Do you think it's important to keep in contact with someone even if they hurt you? Do you think you should keep in contact if you hurt them?

61

Most Helpful Girl

• No it's not bad, people break up and move on. I am not even friends with my ex boyfriends, I don't see the point. I do think though that certain ex's will hold a place in your heart, like first loves but either way I would find it annoying if my partner treated their ex different than other people because at the end of the day, they're not your partner anymore. I don't keep in contact with people that have hurt me, I don't have time for that, nor should anyone, people who care about you, should not hurt you.

• I agree. Except for the last part. I think that sometimes people who really do care for you can sometimes hurt you. That just comes with being imperfect. And I think saying should not is putting our fantasies over our reality which in this case will almost always lead to disappointment. so I think it would be awesome if those that care never hurt us but I doubt that'll ever happen and as long as the good far out weighs the bad everything is just fine.

• I just look at it as, I know I'm a good friend, and yes we all make mistakes but it's really hard to "hurt" people you care about because personally I wouldn't put myself in the position to hurt people I love.

• But that's just it. Most people are like you. They don't want to hurt those they love. But sometimes they do.

What Girls Said 5

• You shouldn't keep a contact with them, at least its not your responsibility.
    But acting like you never met him/her is childish.
    If you see her at street you should normally greet him/her, and just appreciate good moments you had with him/her.

• I'd say it's a good thing. If you broke up with them, you do not want them taking up more space in your head.

• no its a good thing cuz you can move on with your life an not piss off the next girl you decide to commit to with someone whos not coming back and not worth your time.

• No it's not.

• not bad at all.

What Guys Said 1

• Not at all, there was a reason why they are your "ex". It's the adult thing to recognize them when out and about, say hello and then move on. The sweetest revenge is to find someone better than the ex and "run" into them...