What should I say to get him back?

He broke up with me and I know I shouldn't be chasing him. Its been two weeks and we haven't talked for one of those weeks. What can I say to get him back? I want to ease back into the relationship, and not be so serious. We broke up because he wants to fix some things about himself and he mentioned feeling complacent. I just don't know what to say to him? I've been giving him space, but really just want to see him.

13

Most Helpful Girl

• Just because two people Break up doesn't mean they can't and don't Make up and that it's Goodbye forever, my love. And with an "EX" who still Marks an X in your heart here, dear, there may come a time, down the line, where he will Say: Let's be friends.
    It's still a new Split so with this in mind, with 'Giving him space,' it's quite possible he is Missing the Kissing but hasn't caved in to contacting you just yet.
    Many times when two people break it off, it's many times the guy who ends up coming back with this Friends with benefits factor. It's a way of having his cake and eating it too and not with being hooked at the hip like before and... Nothing else in store.
    Be on your guard and be careful for what you wish for. If he does get in touch with, be ready and waiting for a response. With you waiting to just 'Ease back into their relationship, and not be so serious,' it might not be so... Easy.
    Good luck. xx

What Guys Said 3

• You broke up for one or more reasons, he wasn't happy, and he didn't want you any more. You may be able to engineer the situation so that he takes you back, but won't those reasons still be present? Won't he still be unhappy? If you love him and you want him to be happy. . . let him go. If you have any chance at all in the future, it will begin with him coming back to you of his own volition and not because you found the right words to say.

• That's very true. But I feel like with time he'll be able to work on himself and then we can be back together? With this time apart I feel like we're able to ease the petty tension between us?

• I don't know anyone who ever broke up about something that could be fixed in 2 weeks.

• Hmm you're right. I guess I'm just trying to catch him before he moves on :(

• he lied to you and took a way out without making you feel like you did something wrong. Im sorry to tell you that but its true.

you need to find a new man, you seem like a sweetheart. As a guy, guys are weird and we have a knack for wanting something different constantly and fluctuate our needs with what we think in the moment.

• That's what people have been saying. Some thing that he did just lie and wanted a way out. We were together for 3 years. Does he miss me?

• Im sure he misses you yes. but first he must find himself, you probably were too attached and he didn't like that or maybe vice versa, he could have been a tad scarred, I'm with a girl now on 3 years and 4 months and honestly I look at other women daily, never cheated but look at other women just because she is not satisfying to me anymore, but i care for her too much to hurt her, were college students with a lot going on so the timing is bad, but well see what the future holds,

yes he misses you I'm sure.

• There is nothing you could say that could get him back. The funny thing about winning people back is people who succeed did it without wanting to win them back in the first place. What you have to do is leave him, be alone for a while to rediscover yourself, upgrade your life, and then come back to him. Even then the chances are worse than slim.

• True, true. But how do I do that?

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!