Messy situation with boyfriend after physical fight. What should I do?

My boyfriend went to hang it some of his friends last week and while there, a girl sent me a picture showing me my boyfriend on the couch with a girl having her hand up his shirt. I called him to ask about the picture and he totally freaked out. To make a long story short. He ended up in a physical fight with both of the girl that sent me the picture. I do not condone violence and I was very furious with him. I went out to see him, we argued and we got in a fight too. I'll honestly say that I started hitting him and didn't stop till he hit me back. So after asking around and talking to the girl who had her hand up his shirt. She explained that she has nothing to do with him and that they have been friends for a very long time. And that she was cold (what a phony excuse). By this time we have already fought and I broke up with him. He did explain to me that he didn't want to be rude but he sat there for a minute waiting for her to remove her hand but when she didn't he got up for a smoke. He did apoligize for not pushing her off.
The next day when i cooled down I found out that he went to the club after the fight, got drunk and kissed a random girl because I broke it off with him.
The other girl that sent the picture has been writing me to tell me that she never liked him and that he's gonna get what he deserves. The girl that was sitting with him is also telling double stories. She first said that he was coming on to her and later when he called to ask what that was about, she switched up the story to say that she never said so.

I know that the situation got blown out of proportion. But do you think they are trying to break us up? The girl that was sitting with him started telling me and him different stories and the other girl just hates him. I don't want to brak up with him even though we have gone through a lot of crap toghether. And I believe I overreacted by hitting him and breaking up with him without looking clearly at the situation.

44

Most Helpful Girl

• I would've whooped his ass and her's👊yup shit would've gotten real QUICK!

What Guys Said 4

• that is fucked up on multiple levels. I wouldn't get back together with you for 3 reasons. 1) You acted like a child and didn't talk to him. 2) you hit him. 3) like a child you go out and kiss someone else. what is that supposed to do exactly? how does that "get back" at anyone?
    Your an adult. That is actually domestic violence and you can go to jail if you got some person that reacted wrong. there is only 1 valid reason to hit anyone, if your in physical danger. man or woman doesn't matter.
    both of you should move on and grow up.

• He was the one who went out to kiss someone. not me

• And i tried talking to him, thats when i asked him about the picture. I just couldnt believe he would hit other people.

• If there is no trust, hardly this can be fixed again. But, girl, if he was physical against your female friend and you, were I your relative, for example, I'd beat the crap out of him for being so coward by beating women - if it is not for saving someone, nothing excuses a man who beats women: usually the difference in strength is just too big, even when a woman thinks she's strong (unless she's like Ronda Rousey).

Also, imagine a future in which you've got married to him and he decides to solve your arguments with punches?

You did the best dumping him. Now, please, get a hold of yourself and don't let the feelings blind you. Listen to your intuition. Move on, honey.

• Sounds like they are trying to start trouble. Hitting him is a bad sign though, if that's the way you deal with that kind of thing it's time to seek help. Women can be domestic abusers as well and that is a good indicator of it. If it was man who hit a woman over that we would tell her to leave him and never look back.

• I thought you said you already broke up with him? Also, please keep your hands to yourself. For your own sake.

What Girls Said 3

• ... Looking clearly at the situation' here, dear, you are better off without this dude and can do better and... Deserve better than to continue always having to go through 'Crap together' and this three ring circus always ending up to be a... War of the Roses.
    Good luck. xx

• My boyfriend has slapped a girl for touching his leg sexually while she knew I was with him. If he didn't I would have done some slapping. Him and her. Even if they're trying to break you up, stay away from your ex. Let them all be fuckboys and fuckgirls together.

• Who cares if they are trying to break y'all up or not. If he can't stay faithful and keep his lips off other girls then you should leave him.